Spur on the Femur

Options
wendgro
wendgro Member Posts: 296
edited 28. Apr 2010, 05:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
Has anyone ever heard of a spur on the hip causing a bursa and what the operation is like to remove both ???

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Wendy,

Oh that's doesn't sound too nice fr you at all. Bursa's are often treated with steroid jabs but I would assume they will want t do something about the spur? Have you been able to talk it through with either your doctor or consultant at all? Its sounds like it would be good for you to be able to with so many questions that must be running round your head. I hope that you will get some better answers and maybe you could book a double appointment and talk it through with your gp? Cris x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello,
    You really do need to talk to someone with medical knowledge, who can give you the information you need to know. Why not phone the consultants secretary and explain to her how you feel, she should then arrange for either the consultant or maybe a rheummy nurse to see you and discuss things. Don't make light of your worries when you phone the sec let her know how much it bothers you and how much you feel you need to know.

If this feels too much for you, go and see your GP and tell him, he will be able to help, I'm sure.

Good luck, try not to worry too much, love Sue

PS Of course, the helpline here may be able to help and send information.