Result from ultrasound

Options
woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 30. Apr 2010, 09:13 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello,

I'm back from the ultrasound.

The person doing the test was a consultant, he looked at both my hands and I could see too. He gave told me what he'd found, which was helpful. He could not see any sign of inflammation but found a lot of 'wear and tear' which could be causing the pain.

He said that although he cold not see any fluid, the damage found would be helpful to the rheumatologist. He was very nice and spent quite a while looking around my hands!

No diagnosis as such, but at least he thinks his findings are going to be useful to the rheumatologist. She said that she would start injecting around the joints once she was sure that no inflamation from something like RA was present.

Well, thats all and I'm feeling more hopeful of getting somewhere soon!!! :wink:
Love Sue

Comments

• oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Arrh, thats a weight of your mind! glad to hear it.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Sue
    doesn't it make a big difference when you get nice staff at the hospitals, who explain thing and understand what you are going through
    I am glad it went well for you, hope the results are good.
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Sue,

Its good there was no obvious inflammation but sorry about the wear and tear bit. Well done you for getting so much out of today and now hopefully it will help them come up with a diagnosis for you. Luv Cris xx
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Options
    Sue,

I am so pleased that the hospital manged to give you some results & put your mind at rest. Hopefully you will be able to get some treatment to help with the pain.

Anne
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Sue, glad you had a successful ultra sound. When are you seeing the rhuemy again?

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Sue, Sooo glad you got some answers. Lets just hope all the reports come asap. Not so good about the ware and tare but the injections sound hopeful. Lv, Ix
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    glad your appointment turned out to be a positive one. :D

not so glad about the wear and tear :( but then if it helps with the diagnosis it isn't all bad.

hugs
    WOnky xxxx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Sue,

so pleased for you that the appointment went so well and that you had such a helpful consultant going over the results there and then...I don't think that happens in many hospitals. :wink:

good too that the consultant is talking about treatment jabs that will give you some pain relief in your hands.

now your rheummy will have these results to look at....what other tests have/ are being done just now?

Iris x
  • woodbon
    Options
    Hi Firstly, thanks everyone for the replies! :)

Yes he was very pleasent and explained what he saw. He said that the results don't mean that the rhummy will be able to decide on her treatment options better.

I must admit that I felt a bit nervous of the whole thing not the test, but the result. I thought they might also think that I didn't have anything wrong with me physically just a bit nutty, (well, we all know thats the case!) It wasn't like that though, he explained that the wear and tear on my hands is causing problems and their may still be other tests etc. but that this is an indicatior of were to go first.

Quit nice looking too!!! :lol: Had my husband with me, so the doc was safe!!! :mrgreen:
    Love Sue
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Sue
    Fantastic that you have had a good result and such a nice consultant....it does make a difference doesnt it { nice consultant I mean} and if fhe was dishy well thats a bonus.....do you think you might not take your huswband to the next appointment LOL
    Lovwe
    Hileena
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Sue,

Good looking is always a bonus :lol::lol::lol: You try not to worry cus you know its been with you a while what ever it is and our coping. Luv and a ((( ))) and a hope your ok in your self? Cris xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Hi Sue

sounds liek you are beginning to get somewhere at last....it sounded interesting that scan....

So now you have to wait to see rheumy?? is that the last of the tests?? And will you be having jabs now too/

Sorry Sue questions questions.... :oops:

Love

Toni xx
  • woodbon
    Options
    Hi
    Its such an easy thing to have. All you do is sit with you hands on the table and then have gel put all over them. They run a small mouse like thing over your hands, both sides and you can see the picture of your hands from the inside, in 3D!

Much, much nicer than MRI or CT scans! Although, they are very useful and give the doctors the information they need. Worth putting up with and not painful.
    Love Sue
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I like ultrasounds. The blue gel they use at our hospital is beautiful, a clear, icy-blue and usually very cold! Before anyone knew what my real problem was I was given ultrasound therapy. Absolutely useless pain-wise, but a very pleasant way to spend twenty minutes or so. Not as good as the ice therapy in phsyio tho.

They would wrap my knee in a great big plastic bandage-type thing - like those wine-cooler sleeves, then pour in ice-cold water so the sleeve inflated. They would set the required pressure and leave me for a while. It was the only ice therapy that ever worked for me. Frozen peas in a teatowel just don't have the clout! Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • woodbon
    Options
    Hi I did have that from the private physio they used at work (and paid for!) It was very nice and helped especially after they had been poking about with my back! :shock: The NHS physio just advises peas!

Love Sue