Reprieve for 12 momths

Options
wendgro
wendgro Member Posts: 296
edited 29. Apr 2010, 05:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
Just seen my orthopod about more bionics left hip this time, The choice is mine hooray. He said as long as the drugs are doing the job and I can manage I can delay the inevitable for 12months RESULT I can't face another op just yet so much has happened thes past few years there is only so much you can take.So from now on it's going to be all about luxury ,shopping, and relaxing as much as the hip will bear.bring it on

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well done Wendy its nice when they let you choose isn't it? Hope the inevitable is a long way off but if its not you will be ok and this lot will be here for you as well. Cris x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello Wendgro. I agree with you. You need to be in the right place to face an op - the op itself is straighforward, 'cos you're totally out of it and someone else is doing all the work.. It's the rehab after which can be a bore, because all ops have an initial debillitating effect. I wish you well for the coming year - you enjoy it! Dreamdaisy.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    Hi wendy

I think you've made the right choice for now. You will know when the times is right wont you.

Glad you are happy :)

Love

Toni xx
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Wendy,

I'm liking the idea of luxury, shopping and relaxing that's my idea of fun too ...if you need my services I'll come along too and prop up your hip when it's tired :wink:

You go girl :D

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, Sounds like a really good decission. The longer you wait, as long as you don't suffer too much or do anything too physical to make the hip worse. I'm sure you won't! :wink:

If you have the op when you feel you need it, I'm sure that it will be much better and able to cope. We should all be able to make the decisions that are best for us, after all its our bodies.
    Love Sue