Colouring my hair at home

margareth64
margareth64 Member Posts: 148
edited 2. May 2010, 03:38 in Community Chit-chat archive
Morning folks
I dont look in mirror very often but i did this morning and got a shock my hair is terrible mixture of brown and white needs coloured badly!! My daughter said she'd do it for me anyone know of any good hair lighteners i read of one called Bblonde by jerome russell its for brown to dark brown hair? Anyone tried this? I fancy being a blonde bombshell!!! :lol:
Margaret

Comments

  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 15,897
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    mine going grey lol but do not look in mirror so do not notice lol.
    my pal gets one with conditioner in as well
    val
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Margeret,
    Just had mine done blonde again but as got older it really doesnt suit me as well as it used too. How about a brown base to get rid of the grey with a few golden blonde streaks around the top layer. That way its not too dramatic but enough to make you feel good.
    I always get mine done professionally as I am dont really trust home colourants.

    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

    Define yourself........

    Harvey Fierstein
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,303
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hair!, you have hair!!!, god I can't remember the last time I had any, all I seem to be able to do now is grow it out me nose and ears!. :cry:
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 15,897
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    mellman01 wrote:
    Hair!, you have hair!!!, god I can't remember the last time I had any, all I seem to be able to do now is grow it out me nose and ears!. :cry:

    yuk what a thought :D:D:D:D
    val
  • margareth64
    margareth64 Member Posts: 148
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    mellman01 wrote:
    Hair!, you have hair!!!, god I can't remember the last time I had any, all I seem to be able to do now is grow it out me nose and ears!. :cry:
    Unfortunately i seem to be growing hair where ladies arent supposed to have any eg my chin!!! and its white!!! any more and i could be good for santa ( already got the belly :lol::lol: ) But seriously when we get older why do we get extra hair and the men lose it? :o Not fair!!!! :lol:
    Margaret
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,558
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    It's the decreasing levels of oestrogen. All the ills of a mature woman are due to the decreasing levels of oestrogen. It means that our natural levels of testosterone (yep, the bloke's hormone) can affect us more, hence the increase in witch whiskers (as I call them). The moustache is the worst. I try to keep on top of it but The Husband has been known to stand in front of me, twirling an imaginary Victorian handlebar moustache, crooning 'Have some madeira m'dear'. So witty. I respond by twiddling his Jodrell's - little, stiff hairs that grow out of the top of his ears, as tho he's picking up signals from a satellite. So mature. Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 2,056
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I've never coloured my own hair, since I reached my 30s and whites have started to come through, I get it coloured for me. I get a very very dark brown which looks like black when it's on, but has the bonus effect of not looking like a melted LP on my head :-)

    As for facial hair, it's the bane of my life - I have fair skin and black hair so it's really noticeable and we are all quite hairy as a family (really). So I get my face waxed every 4-5 weeks. Lovely smooth finish and she shapes my eyebrows too. It's my way of treating myself.

    Nx
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,303
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    hormoans :x



    I know a joke! :mrgreen:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,558
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Somehow, mellman, that doesn't suprise me! Can you tell it here? Probably not. Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • cheshirefay
    cheshirefay Member Posts: 43
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Margaret,
    Be really careful about going all over blonde it can be a disaster. Try Nice and easy a couple of shades lighter than your original hair colour.
    If you really want to go blonde get it done at the hairdresser , expensive I know but saves having to shave your head ! :mrgreen:
    Nice and easy is a great hair colourant which doesnt wreck your hair and also seems most true to the colour on the box.
    Good luck
    Fay x
  • fourferrets
    fourferrets Member Posts: 44
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    hormoans :x

    shouldn't that be hairmoans? :)
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    tkachev wrote:
    Hi Margeret,
    Just had mine done blonde again but as got older it really doesnt suit me as well as it used too. How about a brown base to get rid of the grey with a few golden blonde streaks around the top layer. That way its not too dramatic but enough to make you feel good.
    I always get mine done professionally as I am dont really trust home colourants.

    Elizabeth

    This is what I use to do, but I now have a pepper and salt look to my hair when it starts growing. I have foils done every 6 weeks with roots done inbetween. I'm 65 and still vain. I tell myself to let it just grow naturally, but there is not enough silver growing yet. Well, so I tell myself :roll: :roll:
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'm in need of a colour as my roots are showing. The thing is I don't know which colour to go for. I usually have mid to dark brown but I've noticed that my hair really bleached out whilst in Florida and is a very light brown now. I like the look it has given me and so I'm a bit loathed to colour it again yet and it has the added bonus of making me still look tanned!!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,558
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Love the 'hairmoans'! I have never coloured my hair, 'cos it's the beginning of a very slippery slope, the onset of ever-increasing expense. It seems to me that so many get it wrong: if you're brunette never go blonde, your skin colouring won't fit and people tend to forget their eyebrows, really they should match too. If you're blonde, vice-versa. That's a personal view only.

    Well margareth64, how did it turn out? What did you opt for and did it work? We need feedback! Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • margareth64
    margareth64 Member Posts: 148
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Love the 'hairmoans'! I have never coloured my hair, 'cos it's the beginning of a very slippery slope, the onset of ever-increasing expense. It seems to me that so many get it wrong: if you're brunette never go blonde, your skin colouring won't fit and people tend to forget their eyebrows, really they should match too. If you're blonde, vice-versa. That's a personal view only.

    Well margareth64, how did it turn out? What did you opt for and did it work? We need feedback! Dreamdaisy
    Well thanks for your advice everyone. Im a coward i still havent done it!!One day ill maybe be brave and do it!! :lol:
    Margaret
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,558
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Try lowlights first. If they work, try highlights. If they work go the whole hog! Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    katekelly wrote:
    I'm in need of a colour as my roots are showing. The thing is I don't know which colour to go for. I usually have mid to dark brown but I've noticed that my hair really bleached out whilst in Florida and is a very light brown now. I like the look it has given me and so I'm a bit loathed to colour it again yet and it has the added bonus of making me still look tanned!!

    That sounds nice Kate. I would stick with it for a while.
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

    Define yourself........

    Harvey Fierstein