Options
2»

Comments

• sanmar63
    sanmar63 Member Posts: 117
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!!

Well, someone told me that their MTX started to worked almost immediately (I didn't believe them) But I have to tell you, that this morning, for the first time in six months - I can see my knuckles, AND I'm not in as much pain!!! :o

I know most of you will poopoo the idea of the MTX working so quickly - but I didn't expect it to work at all! and as my Rheummy nurse always says - everyone's different!! :wink:

Love and ((()))'s
    Sandra xxxxxxx :lol::lol::lol:
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Sandra, that's great! I'm glad you're doing ok. xx
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    I wouldn't poo-poo that Sandra, I, too, noticed an improvement very quickly and thought it was my imagination. I can assure you it's not .....still be prepared for the odd blip, I do still have bad days occasionally but nothing like the pre-Mtx days.

Fingers crossed you see lots more improvements.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I think you do us an injustice: I'm sure quite a few of us have had rapid results, and it's wonderful when it happens. I agree with an earlier poster about the dreaded side effects. Even chemo side effects take a while to kick in - the stuff has to get into your system first, it isn't an instantaneous thing. I have been on injected meth for some time and have no problems with it. It hasn't made any difference to the arthritis but it is supposed to support the humira so I take it.

I'm so pleased that it appears to be working for you, that is a good thing! Good luck with it all. Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Sandra,

glad you are still doing well on new meds.

Great news about the inflammation in your hands.

S suffered from terrible anxiety and panic attacks when he first started having epilepsy and it really made his life (and mine, unbearable.) However several years on and they are almost a thing of the past and I can't actually say the last time he had one.

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.