Hello, I'm new

chrissie691
chrissie691 Member Posts: 50
edited 7. May 2010, 12:37 in Say Hello Archive
Hi my name is Chrissie and I'm 38 yrs old. I've just been diagnosed this morning with sero positive rheumatoid arthritis. I'm still in a bit of shock if I'm honest.

I am being prescribed Methotrexate 10mg and folic acid 5mg. I'm still absorbing everything and trying to find out as much as I can about the condition.

So just dropped by to say hello. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Chrissie x

Comments

• chrissie691
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Chrissie

Nice to meet you, albeit under these circumstances. I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis, and know how you must be feeling (I was diagnosed last year with RA). It is a real shock, and takes a while to get your head round things. But the good thing is you now know what you're dealing with, and hopefully once you're on the meds, things will start to feel better for you. I'm on MTX, and it really has made a world of difference to me.

You've certainly found the right place for info and advice, and support, from people who know what you're going through. Just join in and ask away - we're all here for you now, so don't feel alone with all this.

Hope to see you on the forums, and in the meantime, I wish you well.

Take care,
    Lynn xxxx

Thank you Lynn :)
  • robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    Hi Chrissie......................Rob here...... a045.gif

Welcome....... a010.gif

I was diagnosed last year with RA, and on MTX.........so you're joining a select club..........

We do serious, fun, laughter, help...................and best of all friendship......and you can have any or all as you wish...........

I hope you feel able to join in......

Rob x a045.gif
    Roba045.gif
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Chrissie
    A very warm welcome from me, you have come to the right place, people on here are so supportive to each other.
    Any questions you have post them in LWA , I do hope to see you posting more very soon.
    You take care
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • wibberley
    wibberley Member Posts: 421
    Hi Chrissie and welcome!

I'm 43 and have had JIA for 36 years now! Someone recommended this forum to me last year and am so grateful to her for that. Just wish I'd known about it years ago!

Good luck with the mtx - I'm on sulpha but have heard many mtx success stories!

Lois x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Chrissie

A big welcome from me too :D

At least you have found us! This is really the best place to be while you get your head around all of this - it is the best thing to do.

Talk talk and talk about it all - and sometimes the family dont want to hear us moaning :wink:

We will listen and help and you can help us too.

Love

Toni xx
  • chrissie691
    Lol Toni I think my hubby is fed up with my moaning already!

Chrissie xxx
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Chrissie

A big welcome from me too :D

At least you have found us! This is really the best place to be while you get your head around all of this - it is the best thing to do.

Talk talk and talk about it all - and sometimes the family dont want to hear us moaning :wink:

We will listen and help and you can help us too.

Love

Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Chrissie

They do get fed up - i think we can forget it impacts on them too :?

But we need to talk and talk till we get our heads round it all.

You worry about every little thing and must be hard to live with :wink:

Actually i think I always was hard to live with :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hi Chrissie and welcome from me too. So sorry about your diagnosis but as the others have said you will find lots of support on here from others folks who have been where you are (me included). I know that mtx can take a while to take effect but hopefully, once it does, you will start to feel better physically, which will, I think, make it a bit easier to get your head round the diagnosis. Take care. Tillyx