Plopping me flipper!

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 16. May 2010, 12:54 in Community Chit-chat archive
Flippin heck that’s soooo much better!, I have an old back injury from my days dispatching industrial radiation sources due to all the large lead containers I had to handle on a daily basis, anyway every now and then it goes out and is flippin awful, well I resorted to my age old tried and tested technique which is this.
Get really really drunk, then stand with feet slightly apart and I then begin flexing my spine by twisting and bending backwards with my head looking back and to the side with both hands clasped and arms held at head height, bend or twist one way then the other until I can feel the area of pain becoming strained and compressed, I repeat a few time and if this doesn’t work I sit down drink some more and repeat the process.
It may take a few days for me to get it but when I do it cracks or clunks bace in, and when it does you can feel the relief straight away(well at least it's an improvment on me using super glue to stich up the odd deep cut I've had in the past!)
Well last night I was successful, although my back feels a tad stiff it’s so much better than it was and best of all no hang over as I was drinking cider which for some reason doesn’t give me them!, result!!!!..

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    well done so glad and get to drink cider good cure lol
    val
  • psyart
    psyart Member Posts: 600
    Options
    the images of your movements are wonderful!!!!! :oops: glad you get drunk before trying it!!!!!!!! :shock:

I do the simple thing and go and see the 'back man' who 'cracks' the bones back in!!!! hurts like hell for about 10 seconds and always stiff the next day - but worth it!!!!!!

Louise
    e050.gifo050.gif
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Hi Val and Louise we ll I normally see an osteopath but he had no free slots yesterday so it was self medication time, sort of kill or cure, I don't think it's totally fixed though so will go and see him tomorrow if I can, more expence. :roll:
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Mell

I note that the first instruction for your technique is to get really really drunk :!: :D Is that an essential part of it :?: Something tells me that the cider must have an important part to play :P

Anyway, I'm glad it worked for you. Now can you find a miracle cure for Arthur please :?:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Things don't hurt as much when you're widdled. That's my experience anyway! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    I find they probably hurt as much ....you just don't care that they do :shock:

b010.gif

Glad your back's back to how it should be Mell :wink:

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'