Why don't they . .

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 17. May 2010, 09:40 in Community Chit-chat archive
. . . . put back-lit keyboards on lap tops? Mein handy has one (mobile phone that is - the German for mobile phone is 'mein handy' - gloriously camp!) and it helps no-end in low light. I'm sitting here in the gloaming, furiously tapping away in front of Young Musician of the Year - strewth they're talented young people - and I've had to put on lots of earth-saving gloom bulbs to see my keyboard. Backlit would be a piece of cake, you would think. I'm sure livinglegend will pop up soon to tell me why! Joseph, where are you? DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It would be nice at night as i dont like to put the light on and wake peeps up. i have to tilt the screen to see what I am doing.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    you can get key boards that are back lit and it a good idea i also tilt screen so i can see. clear keys lit from behind so you can see letters on them and letters on inside so they do not wear off would be great as well val
    val
  • robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    Options
    I bought from local 99p shop.......a small LED light....plugs into USB port and clips onto laptop screen, shining down on keyboard

Its magic........

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Robertis, you fabulous boy! Thank you, what a good idea. Will pop into town tomorrow and investigate! DD
  • robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    Options
    Now I think about it....it was Poundland.........so going to cost you an extra penny........

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    You can get illuminated keyboards for desktop PCs and Apple Mac had a laptop with illuminated keys many years ago, (no longer available).

Best bet is the USB plugin LED light for £1. a030.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    My thanks to Robertis and livinglegend. I am up, will shortly be washed and dressed and I am hunting for my right mind. I shall then venture into town, bright and early and see what I can dig up. Will report back. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Right, I have ventured and returned.

No joy in any of our discount and cheap-and-cheerful places. Got some lovely binbags and a new mauve leather badge holder though!

I did try Maplins in the end and found one. £5.99 unfortunately, but it is plugged in and working (and I can claim tax relief on it as it comes under the heading of stationery and equipment. Hurrah!). I will keep an eye open for another, cheaper on, so I can have one on each side for truly luxurious working conditions. Thank you for your help boys - I didn't know such things existed! DD
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    DD, there are some cheapies on Ebay, under Computing, then Laptop Lights
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thank you for the tip. I have never ebayed, and probably never will, but I'll check Amazon too. I have a few debt problems at the moment, so prefer to use cash - I also resent paying ludicrous postage costs! DD
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I am going to look for one too.

E x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein