if you watch countryfile tonight

Options
only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 17. May 2010, 04:53 in Community Chit-chat archive
hi just thought i post this, if you watch country file orkney on it, thats where i live

sylvia
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    only49 wrote:
    hi just thought i post this, if you watch country file orkney on it, thats where i live

sylvia

thanks they got cricket on lol so might not get chance bet it lovely
    val
    val
  • only49
    Options
    valval wrote:
    only49 wrote:

sylvia

val
    it might be on the bbc i player
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    only49 wrote:
    valval wrote:
    only49 wrote:

sylvia

val
    it might be on the bbc i player

never thought of that will look later thanks
    val
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    only49 wrote:

sylvia
    Hi Sylvia you are so lucky to live there..I cant believe the amount of wildlife.
    Love
    Barbara
  • only49
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    only49 wrote:

sylvia
    Hi Sylvia you are so lucky to live there..I cant believe the amount of wildlife.
    yes it is nice here been here 20 something years and have known winds of 100+ mile a hour 2 times in that time.

i hope you enjoy watching
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    only49 wrote:
    barbara12 wrote:
    only49 wrote:

sylvia
    yes it is nice here been here 20 something years and have known winds of 100+ mile a hour 2 times in that time.

Hi Sylvia I always watch country file, the scenery alone must make up for those high winds, I would love to watch the waves in weather like that.
    Love
    Barbara
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    it looks a lovely place to be xxxx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It is a lovely place but the drawbacks must be plentiful - does the beauty negate them?

I was lying in bed last night listenening to the usual urban sounds - the drunks, the nutters (I'm not far from a local asylum-type place) the car alarms, the barking dogs and the boy racers charging up and down the hills. Bet Orkney's quiet! I envy you that. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    peace and quiet is my hope for the future. OH says I would feel isolated and we would be miles from shops and medical facilities. It is a price you have to pay for some quiet and I think I could handle it.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • only49
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    only49 wrote:
    barbara12 wrote:

Hi Sylvia I always watch country file, the scenery alone must make up for those high winds, I would love to watch the waves in weather like that.
    its nice up here but ( you knew there would be one lol ) woolworths shut and one other place last year and it hard to know where to get things from, so mostly i get stuff from additions direct or wait till we go off island on holiday with the car and then only problem is car not big enough and we are spoilt for choice ha ha but we are safe and all the time i been here we have only known of 2 murders mostly petty crime. have a read of our local paper www.orcadian.co.uk
  • only49
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    peace and quiet is my hope for the future. OH says I would feel isolated and we would be miles from shops and medical facilities. It is a price you have to pay for some quiet and I think I could handle it.

Elizabeth
    oh yes its quiet where i live, got tescos 2 miles away a hospital which is clean put it this way you can walk on the floors with your socks and there still clean no so in the aberdeen hospital and the nurses have time for you here but not in aberdeen your just like a number, but i love to leave the isalnds at least once a year it makes me appricate what i have got.