I'M AN FACEBOOK ADDICT

Options
joyful164
joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
edited 18. May 2010, 15:16 in Community Chit-chat archive
Is there a special place you can send me to wean me off this all consuming, brain sucking virus I have. I have deserted all my friends in the cafe and taken up full time in my FB Cafe. I am virtually running the place on my own. I'm exhausted. Help

Please accept my apologies for deserting you all

Love
Joy

Comments

• ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Joy

I love FB too - but I only log on a couple of times a week. We have a lot of family and friends abroad so it's a cheap way to stay in touch and let them know how the girls are growing and getting on.

How often do you go on? If you feel like you're on it too much, then you probably are :) Try arranging to meet some friends in person, maybe?

Nx
  • joyful164
    Options
    I have, waiting for replies. I go on it about 4 times a day now.
    Joy
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,471
    Options
    Oh Joy :(

I think you do sound addicted.

Do you find your hands go all clammy and you get shaky if you cant get on?? :wink:

If so you got the FB DT's :shock:

Love

toni xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Joy,

I had a look at your paintings on fb. I love the hen/cockeral. Its the choice of colours they are beautiful.

I am loving this fb stuff. Managed to track a lot of old friends down but trying not to get too carried away!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • joyful164
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    Hi Joy,

I had a look at your paintings on fb. I love the hen/cockeral. Its the choice of colours they are beautiful.

I am loving this fb stuff. Managed to track a lot of old friends down but trying not to get too carried away!

Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth
    It was for just the reason of showing my pictures that I started on it, then my son asked me to reply to some of the gifts he was sending me and the requests, they call it. I now own two cafes, but it is hard work.lol

Joy
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 17. May 2010, 10:12
    Options
    I cannot see the point of facebook and its sister organisations. They (fb) are in trouble now, aren't they, something to do with leaking one's personal info or somesuch. It's a nasty, insidious thing, just like a drug, and just like a drug it will be difficult to wean yourself off it. If you want to badly enough, you will. Anyway, how can you be exhausted doing something that doesn't exist? Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    joyful164 wrote:
    Is there a special place you can send me to wean me off this all consuming, brain sucking virus I have. I have deserted all my friends in the cafe and taken up full time in my FB Cafe. I am virtually running the place on my own. I'm exhausted. Help

Love
    Joy

I AM ONE TO :lol:

but i am a farm town farmer :lol: not a restaurateur
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Joy

I wondered where you had gone :!: I was just about to send out a search party for you :!: Glad to see you back.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • ninakang
    Options
    Hi DD

I can understand that people are concerned with information being leaked and there are all kinds of horror stories about children being preyed on. Like everything on the internet, it needs to be treated with caution.

Like I said, it has a useful purpose for us because we post pictures of ourselves and news for family and friends. We've used the internet to keep in touch with them for years. I have never accepted someone as a friend who I don't know well and no one except my friends can view my profile or pictures.

Nx
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Im the same, on there every night farming :shock: :lol:

I started to use it to keep in touch with my daughters & have carried on using it ever since. I never except anyone i dont know as friends & only my friends can see my profile,so as long as your careful its fine.
    I'd now be lost without it as i speak to my girls 3/4 times a week now on there instaed of the weekly phone call.
    debs ( who's a dedicated FB farmer :wink::lol: )
  • ninakang
    Options
    Oh my GOD, Debs, you're a farmer?!

The number of times I've been "sent" ducks or plants and seeds to start my own... I never accept them. I also never accept the "cute gifts" of flowers and teddy bears. Sorry, but I'm just not that kind of person. I do like the Council Gifts - have you seen them? I send out old mattresses and tips :-) "Nina has sent you an abandoned shopping trolley" or "Nina has sent you an Indian train timetable". It makes me laugh anyway.

I do like the quizzes though, I'm always on the lookout for new ones.

Nx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    JOY (((((( )))))) an hi :D

Been worried about you and so glad its only a facebook addiction problem :lol::lol: You pop in here now and then.... you have been told. So pleased to see you. Luv and another ((( ))) Cris xx

Hey Jan yous real ((( ))) and I wonder if I am sometimes as well :wink: I don't 'do' face book probably just as well...... xx
  • only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    Options
    i'm on facebook too only thing is you must make sure you are careful and protect your computer against any virus and one thing i do is i dont add any friends i dont know who are total starngers and i havent had any contact with as there is far too many bad people out there and you just have to be wary

a sad state of affairs these days
    sylvia :)stern02.gif
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    :oops: I too am on facebook but I don't play games, I think it would drive me up the wall. Its like Nina and Debs said its a way of staying in contact with family specially if you have loved ones all over the world.

Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    i play bejeweled blitz we compeat against each other so fun and resets each week val
    val
  • joyful164
    Options
    bertyboy wrote:
    joyful164 wrote:

Love
    Joy

I AM ONE TO :lol:

but i am a farm town farmer :lol: not a restaurateur

I'm fed up with the farmers, taken all my business away.
  • joyful164
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    Hi Joy

I wondered where you had gone :!: I was just about to send out a search party for you :!: Glad to see you back.

Terrible it is. Knocked some of my painting on the head too.
    Never mind. Sold one hot off the press this weekend.

Glad to be back. maybe get me off it for awhile.
    It's nice to put a few faces to the usernames though.

All the best Joan, hope you are keeping well.

Love
    Joy
  • joyful164
    Options
    snowball wrote:
    :oops: I too am on facebook but I don't play games, I think it would drive me up the wall. Its like Nina and Debs said its a way of staying in contact with family specially if you have loved ones all over the world.

Julie

Do all that too Julie,
    keeps me in touch with friends and family in NewZealand, Australia and America. I've seen you stocking up on cakes and things. Don't try making out they are notall yours!!!!

Joy
  • joyful164
    Options
    valval wrote:
    i play bejeweled blitz we compeat against each other so fun and resets each week val

What's happened to Poker Blitz. I was doing really well with the family and then it seem to freeze.
  • mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    Options
    Hi Joy sorry to say that yes I too am a facebook addict :oops: I spend all my spare time farming, looking after my pet and occasionally visiting yo ville, but my biggest weakeness by far is bejewelled blitz omg I did have a life before I discovered this its the most addictive thing I've ever known. I really do need to get a new life, a real one maybe. But my daughter lived in Nigeria for four years and it was very good for keeping up with her and how she was doing and this way I feel connected to my nephews and nieces that I don't see too often so it does have its good points, just make sure the security settings are on all the time. well time to go feed Cookie see you all later xx Brenda xx
  • ninakang
    Options
    valval wrote:

Val,

I had to ban myself from playing that game years ago because I wasn't getting anything else done at all! SO addictive!

Nx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    ninakang wrote:
    valval wrote:

Val,

I had to ban myself from playing that game years ago because I wasn't getting anything else done at all! SO addictive!

Nx

but good for blocking pain out when arther playing up that when play the most if brain occupied with game some of pain does not get through. have to be strong and know when to come off and get a life val
    val
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I am loving it. You get quite isolated with arthritis so i can now see what my family and friends are doing.

I dont plan to play any games though just keep in touch with old friends and see what is going on......

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    I do not play any games on FB. I like to know what my lovely daughter is up to and she changes her status every 5 minutes or so it seems, so it is another great way to keep in touch. Always good to see photos of family and friends too. :D When I am on the pc, I cruise, between, FB, email and AC. :)

Off out soon to catch a couple of trains to get to see Lola. :D The pc does not stop me doing other things :D

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    You could join one of the 157 Facebook Addicts Anonymous groups on Facebook itself, but that might defeat the purpose.
    k035.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif