Gossip

Options
oneday
oneday Member Posts: 1,434
edited 18. May 2010, 07:35 in Community Chit-chat archive
and they get MBEs etc for lining their pockets.

Comments

• angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    What scares me though Del, is how much influence they have on today`s youngsters.

I had an agressive fifteen year old referred to me by her headteacher, and she told me that she wasn`t doing exams. Her mum had told her it was a waste of time. She could "get her t**s done when she was sixteen", and do glamour modelling. She also said that she spent the weekends in clubs in Manchester, where the footballers were......Ange.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Surely your access to 'gossip' depends on the publications you buy - if you want to get away from the likes of Jordan and her slutty ilk try the New Statesman!

I used to read the weeklies such as Hello and OK etc when I was younger. I don't bother now because they are so repetitive, salacious and vacuous, but there are plenty of younger folk around who are interested in these nonentities. That is the fuel on which they (the nonentites) survive. The 'meeja' luv 'em because they shift copies of the publications.

We do live in a tawdry society now, I know exactly what you mean, delboy. I don't buy it, don't read it, don't check it on-line. I feel better for it! Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,471
    Options
    angel1 wrote:
    What scares me though Del, is how much influence they have on today`s youngsters.

I had an agressive fifteen year old referred to me by her headteacher, and she told me that she wasn`t doing exams. Her mum had told her it was a waste of time. She could "get her t**s done when she was sixteen", and do glamour modelling. She also said that she spent the weekends in clubs in Manchester, where the footballers were......Ange.

Woh Ange!!!!!

Probably should be on Jeremy Kyle :shock:

Good luck to you.

Love

Toni xx
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Yep with you lot on here, totally crazy world we live in these day's, even the BBC is in on it constantly publicising what the latest so called celeb is or isn't up to, who gives a t&$s will the overpaid twitt help ease my OA pain, will they pay my bills answer no, so why do I need to no what Paris Hilton is wearing these days, I think you can sum up what the end product will turn out like by looking at Jonathon Woss, the guy is an ego first and last, he's so up his rear he couldn't see the truth if it bit him, also he's now got in on the latest celebthe craze of owning pet mini pigs, and he has a pug probably the ugliest dog on the planet so enough said.
    The thing is it's now well and trully mixed in with our politicle establishment.
    Mr Warhol was was proved to be right all along, Jade Goddy is/or was the proof.
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Ah, yes, the non-celebrities, as I like to call them - people who are famous for being on Big Brother or some other cr@ppy programme or simply for being over or underweight? Will someone explain this to me? I don't get it.

And as for celebrities firstly inviting the media into their homes and then complaining of breach of privacy - HELLO! You can't be a little bit famous!

Nx