Is it just me?

Options
joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 20. May 2010, 11:55 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

Did you see the mascots for the Olympic Games, Wenlock and Mandeville, which were unveiled on The One Show? You can see them on this link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1279736/London-2012-Meet-Wenlock-Mandeville--The-new-mascots.html

Is it just me, but I don't find them very inspiring. The organisers won't say how much it has cost to create them, but it runs into thousands.

Boris Johnson is quoted as saying,' It's hard to imagine a mascot more in tune with the times...' Sad comment on the times if that is the case, in my opinion. What do you think?

Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Me too, Jan. Apparently, we are going to see them everywhere before the Olympics. What fun :!: :shock: :roll:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Joan

Well I don't like them. When they do not reveal the cost you know it has cost a fortune to make them.

No sorry don't like them
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I don't like the 2012 logo either - the 12 is collapsing under the weight of the 20, which is perhaps indicative of the vast amount of debt the country will be left with after everyone has finished running and jumping and splashing and boating and rowing and hurling stuff. God the Olympics are dull. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    Underwhelming aren't they.

How does a pair of inflatable dolls represent the Olympics, unless it's the sex Olympics they're promoting.

Lol Delboy!!!!!!!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Well let’s face it Joan who was trying to run things when these none entities were dreamt up?, oh yeah a one eyed politically correct none entity called Gordon, seriously though it’s no more than I expected these days, any hint of the old Britain we all grew up in has been banished to the wasteland of political incorrectness, that’s why you can’t have anything that dare look like an human especially a white one and don’t you dare go anywhere near gender. I’m just surprised these things didn’t have a knife a hand gun and a crack pipe.
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    The claim is that they only cost a 'few thousand' Pounds of your hard earned cash to create, but the secretive nature of the costs is the giveaway. If they are so cheap, then surely they would shout this from the rooftops in this age of austerity and cutbacks.

Just a note on the above, they only cost a 'few thousand' Pounds of your hard earned cash to create, but how much to utilise the creation? Perhaps about another £400,000 like the last effort.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif