A right pain in the back

Options
toptottie10
toptottie10 Member Posts: 35
edited 20. May 2010, 09:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi guys just got back from the doc's and yep more pills.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrr my pain level;s have been off the scale this last few days. I have advanced disc degeneration of L3,4,5, this has flared up although they think that disc's L1,2 are now an issue as they have been working harder to support the "knackered" discs and also the pain I have been getting in my groin area.. The Doc has decided to treat it conservativley with Naproxen (anti inflam) and Diazapan ( for spasms). I'm not thrilled with yet more pills to take with the wild cocktail i'm already on. I would like to here comments about the diazapan from anyone already taking this as i'm concerned about this drug.
Thank for listening to my woes
HUGS ((((((SALLY)))))))

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    How many ingredients does the average cocktail have? Four? Five? Six? Not including painkillers I take circa 12 tablets daily, one extra at the week end, and I have injections too. For some that would be too much medication - for others, they wish they could get away with so little. If it's going to make you better, try it. If it doesn't make you better, stop it. Simples!

Only very odd people swallow lots of meds for pleasure. Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • toptottie10
    toptottie10 Member Posts: 35
    Options
    my cocktail includes
    Tramadol slow release 2 daily
    Amitryptaline 2 daily
    Zolpidem 1 daily
    Fexofenadine 2 daily
    paracetamol 6 daily
    Dulcoease 4 daily
    diazapan 2 daily
    Naproxen 2 daily

21 in total.....................
    OMG i should rattle.......lololol
  • patriciamary
    patriciamary Member Posts: 117
    Options
    hi there, Diazepam is alright if you take it properly. I like yourself have problems with L5 & 6, and when they went into a spasm I would have taken anything to relieve the pain. I generally took them at night because moving in bed could trigger a spasm. I found them really helpful and I was taking amytriptiline with them. They certainly help you to sleep. As many people on this forum will tell you if you get a good nights sleep you can cope with everything a lot easier. If I was in really bad pain I would take them during the day but would not drive etc, due to the fear of being drowsy. I currently take 17 pills a day and would love to take none but to be realistic needs must. If they help then great if they dont then you can stop them with your GPs permission. Hope things improve for you soon, I am pretty good at the moment but I think we always have the fear of reaching for something and the back locking and the circle of pain starting all over again.
    Regards
    Trisha