Sick notes/well notes

speedalong
speedalong Member Posts: 3,347
Hi, the hospital gave me a sicknote to say I had been in hospital - so it covers the period I was in hospital. The part about when I will be fit for work has been left blank. So I post this to my employer?

Then what ... as it only covers me to my discharge,

do I need to go and get another one from my GP?

Is there a time limit to do this?

Can I do it by phone? - currently getting to GP very problematic.

Speedalong
I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.

Comments

  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    speedalong wrote:
    Hi, the hospital gave me a sicknote to say I had been in hospital - so it covers the period I was in hospital. The part about when I will be fit for work has been left blank. So I post this to my employer?

    Then what ... as it only covers me to my discharge,

    do I need to go and get another one from my GP?

    Is there a time limit to do this?

    Can I do it by phone? - currently getting to GP very problematic.

    Speedalong
    Yep you need another sick note from GP not sure if you can do it over the phone think they need to assess you first! Hope you are not feeling too bad x
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,347
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Thanks Maria. And will they do a home visit to assess me?? Can't get in a car yet and can't walk to docs too far ...

    Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • caravancollie
    caravancollie Member Posts: 66
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi, yes you do need a new sick note. It's up to your GP whether they see you or just provide a note based on your discharge info from hospital. on one hand form states you have been examined,on the other it's self evident you're not fit for work so soon after major surgery. as for a home visit it's at their discretion. I had to go to drs for mine, but OH drove me and as I had come home from hospital by car it was Ok. Elaine
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    speedalong wrote:
    Thanks Maria. And will they do a home visit to assess me?? Can't get in a car yet and can't walk to docs too far ...

    Speedalong
    Hi hope you got it sorted im sure they will do a home visit if you cant get in to your gp. Good luck x
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,347
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Thanks Elaine and Maria - will phone docs tomorrow and see what they say. Will prob ask GP to ring me as receptionists are so unreasonable ... Did get in car for first time on Sunday ... but not easy - could only get in friends car not in a taxi yet - and don't have anyone who can drive me - all friends are working.

    Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    speedalong wrote:
    Thanks Elaine and Maria - will phone docs tomorrow and see what they say. Will prob ask GP to ring me as receptionists are so unreasonable ... Did get in car for first time on Sunday ... but not easy - could only get in friends car not in a taxi yet - and don't have anyone who can drive me - all friends are working.

    Speedalong
    How about the London taxi cab types think they will be easier to get in & out of x