iTS NOW IN MY WRISTS

Options
rosyred
rosyred Member Posts: 150
edited 23. May 2010, 18:08 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone.

Went to see the doc yesterday evening and yep got OA in both wrists aslo :cry: i shut myself away last night trying to get my head around the news but feel totaly fed up.... Once u ahve it dose it go through ur body??
Hubby been grt just said babe im gutted for u and at 44 yea so am i.. FEEL LIKE MY LIFE IS BEING TAKEN AWAY YR BY YR NOW.

Dont know if i can handle this, Told my daughter its like a stalker creeping around slowly And me just sat waiting for it to jump to another part on my precise body.

Sorry if im moaning on and being all dome and gloom its just i wanna scream Hey u stalker **** of and leave me alone (Being polite there i can think of stronger words to scream... :?
Saterday tomorrow sun will be out , hubby building BBQ and well me i will lay in the sun and watch and think some more So much time !!

Alli xx

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Alli,

Its so horrible to find its got another joint and I am sorry. You hang in there and well the sun is meant to be out tomorrow and enjoy your BBQ.

I am leaving you a ((( ))) and wish I knew what else to say to you but it will get easier to deal with once the shock has subsided so hang in there. Cris x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Hi Alli

You poor thing :(

you will be devastated wont you?

You know, i think it would be an idea to start a list of questions for your Gp for next time you go and see him so you can ask that very question (is it going to keep on going?) and others that are worrying you.

In the meantime have you been advised how much to do/not do with yor wrists? What about splints so you use them with support (working ones)?

You take care - be kind to yourself an let yourself get over thsi a bit at a time.

Love

Toni xx
  • dippydoodah
    dippydoodah Member Posts: 350
    Options
    hi alli
    im sorry to hear you're going through a rough time. i can sympathise with you completely. im pretty sure oa is attacking every moving part i have. i have oa from neck to toes, including both wrists. with the wrists, its hard at first but you do adapt. ive found some very novel ways of doing things much to the delight of my husband who laughs with me!! :lol:
    he's very kindly put up a second handrail on the stairs so its easier for me to go up and down putting less pressure on my wrists

i hope you start to feel better soon. try and enjoy the sunshine and the wonderful bbq your husband is doing and relax in the sun.

caroline x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It takes time to adjust when a new joint is affected. One has to get used to increased pain levels, a new set of restrictions on one's movement. It's a frustrating and enraging time but it will pass. All things do. Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Ali,

arther is a b*****d isn't he??

I'm so sorry that it has spread to your wrists. I was very upset when I realised he had taken over my second hip and my knees.

Be kind to yourself. Thinking of you.

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • colinm
    colinm Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey Alli,

Sorry to hear you're waiting for it to creep up on you, unfortunately it does but it sounds like you've got a really supportive hubby to get you there. Good on him. I have AOSD and can totally sypmathise with your problem, I have the fingers/hands/wrists/elbows/shoulder thing!

Hope you had a good weekend and enjoyed the sun. Let us all know how you get on.

BW

C x