Bring back the rain

Options
oneday
oneday Member Posts: 1,434
edited 25. May 2010, 13:45 in Community Chit-chat archive
So, its lovely and sunny and how nice it would have been to read my book in peace today in the garden but nope the sunshine brings out....
1. a kids party in the garden 4 doors down that lasted longer than 2 hours normal party time but all afternoon off streiking
2. that party has finished and next door neighbours grandkids visiting and more screaming in the garden(my kids in bed but got to listen to next doors, then when they leave at 11.30pm they talk very loud on their drive near my bedroom window as totally oblivious anyone could be in bed!!)
3. several neighbours with smelly bbq, burning food and stinky fluids
4. loud noisy music and karoke...
no i dont live in the bronx but might as well...unless its just me whos abnormal and likes peace and solitude...
bring on the rain.....

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    i think this should be on the grump thread i go out in the garden in a morning on a school day lovely
    val
  • oneday
    Options
    yes, forgot all about the grump thread...so grumpy just jumped on a new soap box...yes, i like it when everyones out at school. Also this obsession with bbqs does my head in...fllippin kids next door still streching, probably aged 8 yrs....3 car load full of their family and kids....i know they dont do it on purpose, theyre ignorant...i cant even be that noisy when i go out to work early to get my own back as i havent got "noise" in me so to speak.....
    think karoke has finished!
    what is up with people...great stupid little girl screaming now,,,,********** (any words you like there!!!!!)
    getting well wound up...think its the fact people are ignorant that is doing my head in....i think of others...must be only one who does.grr
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    oneday wrote:
    yes, forgot all about the grump thread...so grumpy just jumped on a new soap box...yes, i like it when everyones out at school. Also this obsession with bbqs does my head in...fllippin kids next door still streching, probably aged 8 yrs....3 car load full of their family and kids....i know they dont do it on purpose, theyre ignorant...i cant even be that noisy when i go out to work early to get my own back as i havent got "noise" in me so to speak.....
    think karoke has finished!
    what is up with people...great stupid little girl screaming now,,,,********** (any words you like there!!!!!)
    getting well wound up...think its the fact people are ignorant that is doing my head in....i think of others...must be only one who does.grr

i can not understand people like that they just do not think of others it strange they are so selfish mind you we been banging and hammering all afternoon (putting shed up) so my neighbours prob fed up with me lol
    val
  • oneday
    Options
    actually the noise of a lawnmower or like yourselves putting up a shed i can see purpose in that..you are getting a job done that can only be done as its fine so i think thats acceptable.
    All the noise and smells i mentioned arent acceptable as i think they are very inconsiderate. I go caravanning and its lovely and peaceful, no one has a radio etc on during the day, extremely quiet at night so i guess i am with like minded people who want peace.
    Off course when people are banging pegs into the ground theres a reason and a purpose so that doesnt annoy me either.
    Its just inconsiderate idiots...theyre the sort that probably cant entertain themselves and it would be torture for them to be put in a field with no noisy music or bbqs etc..........
    arrh..sounds like screaming kid has gone in now...just got to wait for all the loud talking parents when they leave and talk for 10 mins on the drive instead of just getting in their cars and going home...
    thank goodness i can have a whinge her cos hubbie gone to bed..although he can sleep through noise and i cant...
    thanks for lilstening.. :D
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,428
    Options
    Oh Dear :(

I do get it though.....

Hubby hates next doors kids shreiking - they shreik a good un! They also have one of those bouncy things which means that they are often able to see into our garden and say 'hello, - No way can i ignore them, but if they were mine I'd tell em not to :roll:

But I got my own back yesterday - I mowed the front lawn while I let my three and two extras have a water fight in the back garden :lol:

Hubby gets really cross when he cant sit outside in peace :roll: I am better at blanking it out but not oblivious. Going to go in Tilly's garden later - It's really quiet there :D

Love

Toni xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Live and let live, I say, on the first couple of hot days since what seems like forever and on a weekend, what a bonus, of course everyone is going to be in their garden, the parks, pubs and anything that can be done outside, will be. :wink::D 8) I am always sorry for all the workers when we have lovely weather in the week and the weekends are horrid.

What is it about us, we always want what we have not got.

See you lata, I am going to go into the garden and have my breakas. 8) :D:D

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • oneday
    Options
    babycham wrote:
    Hello one day Oh I so agree with you new to the forum I have lost heart with people until now I dont mean everyone just some of the selfish nasty ones T hat seem to be everywhere these days reguardless how nice an area even good friends and neighbours can be incredibly thoughtless .Sometimes I wonder if its just me or the nature of being in pain most of the time that makes me want to scream or reach for the wine bottle after almost two hours on and off one house up B............y B, Alarm yet again.And last night after helping out at fun run with knackerd knees and dealing with flood in kitchen ie washing machine again just paid for a repair I had a lovely tepid bath lay on the top of the bed with lovely purring cat lovely cooling breeze from slighly open window when guess what stinking greasy fumes from vile toxic b so limp down stairs to grab washing of line partner sleeping on the sofa like a babysmells and hears nothing back to bed I go to watch the final of the Wizard of Oz thing and guess what the alarms of again never mind if ever I decide to commit a burglery I know whose house To choose Up early this morning posting this with lovely hot coffee toast in a minute so wonderfull and peacefull will it last beyond lunchtime somehow I doubt it take care and have a great if not peacefull day Luv Babychaml

Morning
    i couldnt have my windows open last night due to noise!
    Next door neighbours still not up yet after their family there last night...sat outside talking and noisy kids...
    people are so inconsiderate.
  • oneday
    edited 23. May 2010, 05:10
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Oh Dear :(

I do get it though.....

Hubby hates next doors kids shreiking - they shreik a good un! They also have one of those bouncy things which means that they are often able to see into our garden and say 'hello, - No way can i ignore them, but if they were mine I'd tell em not to :roll:

But I got my own back yesterday - I mowed the front lawn while I let my three and two extras have a water fight in the back garden :lol:

Hubby gets really cross when he cant sit outside in peace :roll: I am better at blanking it out but not oblivious. Going to go in Tilly's garden later - It's really quiet there :D

Love

Toni xx

Morning
    yes, i would have like my hubbie to mow lawn too very early.
    So pleased that someone who lives nearer to the karoke mob is banging away, sounds like he is repairing his fence..i guess hes doig that to annoy the music idiots.
    This morning although i wake up early and was awake, yet another set of neighbours out at 8.20 am and making like coo-ing noises at their toddlers bouncing up and down on a trampoline...
    i tell my kids to be respectful and quiet, if my dogs bark i call them in...and next door the ones with noisy grandkids actually do bark noises to make my dogs bark...mine hardly bark but almost feel like letting them rip!
  • oneday
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    We're surrounded by trampolines and squeaking swings, screaming children, the thud of footballs and immediately next door a teenage girl's **** music. A BBQ with lots of fluid and smoke shuts her up though as she has to close the window to keep the smell out. Her father always leaves the house before the tribe and sits in his cr@p car beeping the horn (We've had words about that though) and the mother is a miniature sergeant major (Think amplified Foghorn Leghorn) who doesn't talk to her kids just shouts.

It used to be a very quiet neighbourhood but a couple of families can ruin the tranquillity so easily.

I'd love to live in a cabin on Dartmoor with only wildlife for company.

I will come with you to a very isolated cabin in Dartmoor or similiar.
    I have some other great neighbours who you dont even know they are there or in their gardens as theyre quiet like us.
    As for ****@ music ...even if they play music i like i still get annoyed as the thick inconsiderate behaviour.
    at the moment its quiet but guess when noisy muppets wake up i might go to a national trust place, got a few near me, for some peace.
  • oneday
    Options
    elnafinn wrote:
    Live and let live, I say, on the first couple of hot days since what seems like forever and on a weekend, what a bonus, of course everyone is going to be in their garden, the parks, pubs and anything that can be done outside, will be. :wink::D 8) I am always sorry for all the workers when we have lovely weather in the week and the weekends are horrid.

What is it about us, we always want what we have not got.

See you lata, I am going to go into the garden and have my breakas. 8) :D:D

Elna x

Hope youre going to behave in your garden Elna!!
    My point is people can be respectful but they arent. I have rest of lovely considerate neighbours like me..i dont know theyre outside unless i see them.
    Lawnmower noise ok, repairing fences and the like ok, yes i have to put up with noisy kids although i tell mine to be quiet if it goes on for long but next door total inconsideration for my kids in bed when their young grandkids outside screaming until 11pm really annoys me...and theyre(grandparents) still in bed now!!! cos havent heard him coughing in his garden yet or smelt his cigarette!!
  • oneday
    Options
    Another point, it doesnt matter where you live...
    one friend lives in a house worth about £600,000 and says her neighbours bring out loud speakers, microphones etc in garden, someone else i know neighbours have swimming pool and are splashing parties etc into the night...
    so its Dartmoor for me.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    [quote="onedayHope youre going to behave in your garden Elna!!

I am always quiet in our garden, Oneday. :lol::D:D:D:D I have a hand lawn mower which is a pleasant purring sound, no cats or dogs. I do use the hedge trimmers occasionally but not for long. We never have bonfires and rarely have BBQs. As for one lot of neighbours well......... but I would rather them than a lot of other neighbours so we all put up with each others annoying habits, some of them are extremely annoying at times. If I went to ask them for help they would not tell me to p**s off, so that is always a good sign. :D 8)

Tiptoeing, off out into the garden - must be lunch time 8) :D:lol: Will not scrape the chair on the patio :lol::lol:

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I am totally with you on this one. Up until 3 o/c everything fine then son came out into the garden and all the lawnmowers started and 3 different lost of conflicting, loud music was played by various houses. My son was traumatised and I tried to lure him back inside but he wanted to throw things over the hedge(like big, sharp, cutting things).
    Neighbours shouting until gone 9 and they even banged on the drum kit at 9.15. At this point son had his head phones on so was unaffected but it seemed a bit late for such noise in my opinion.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • oneday
    Options
    elnafinn wrote:
    [quote="onedayHope youre going to behave in your garden Elna!!

I am always quiet in our garden, Oneday. :lol::D:D:D:D I have a hand lawn mower which is a pleasant purring sound, no cats or dogs. I do use the hedge trimmers occasionally but not for long. We never have bonfires and rarely have BBQs. As for one lot of neighbours well......... but I would rather them than a lot of other neighbours so we all put up with each others annoying habits, some of them are extremely annoying at times. If I went to ask them for help they would not tell me to p**s off, so that is always a good sign. :D 8)

Tiptoeing, off out into the garden - must be lunch time 8) :D:lol: Will not scrape the chair on the patio :lol::lol:

Elna x

hee hee...very considerate re scraping chairs, perhaps you could put those rubber covers on them :D - joke
  • oneday
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    I am totally with you on this one. Up until 3 o/c everything fine then son came out into the garden and all the lawnmowers started and 3 different lost of conflicting, loud music was played by various houses. My son was traumatised and I tried to lure him back inside but he wanted to throw things over the hedge(like big, sharp, cutting things).
    Neighbours shouting until gone 9 and they even banged on the drum kit at 9.15. At this point son had his head phones on so was unaffected but it seemed a bit late for such noise in my opinion.

Elizabeth

OMG! thats really awful about your sons feelings...hope hes okay. Sort of know how he is feeling as i was sat there yesterday imagining going to each house with a machine gun and how satifisfied the feeling would be..until the police van came to take me away off course.
  • tkachev
    Options
    Like Toni my neighbours have a trampoline at the bottom of the garden and look over the hedge. they have these stupid expresions on their faces which I have to ignore but I really want privacy. We have a very tall hedge between our gardens but they damaged it last year. Thankfully the new hedge is filling out nicely.
    Many years ago after a kids sleepover(I have older daughters) a neighbour banged on my door at 6.30 in the morning to tell me off for letting the kids wake her up. They had all gone outside to play early morning but I was still fast asleep and hadnt noticed. Of course I apologised to her and got them in.
    Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Sorry but I love my neighbours children...they have there little pool out...and the chatter is lovely....suppose when they get older I will change my mind...they are 5 and 2 :)
    We are quite lucky with our neighbours
    Sorry I know this doesn't help :oops: :)
    Love Barbaraxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • oneday
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    Like Toni my neighbours have a trampoline at the bottom of the garden and look over the hedge. they have these stupid expresions on their faces which I have to ignore but I really want privacy. We have a very tall hedge between our gardens but they damaged it last year. Thankfully the new hedge is filling out nicely.
    Many years ago after a kids sleepover(I have older daughters) a neighbour banged on my door at 6.30 in the morning to tell me off for letting the kids wake her up. They had all gone outside to play early morning but I was still fast asleep and hadnt noticed. Of course I apologised to her and got them in.
    Elizabeth

my neighbour with the noisy grandkids has asked a few times if we could cut down our trees and put up a fence instead, he says so he can see us...i dont want to see him..i want to sit in the garden in peace. Once i said we would cut them low, we did and all i could see was his line of washing and everyone elses..i dont want to see his washing etc. Also i can imagine his idea of a fence would mean i would hear his grandkids balls smashing against it late at night, so no thanks...
    god, i am getting well annoyed now, think i will go out....soon..
  • oneday
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Sorry but I love my neighbours children...they have there little pool out...and the chatter is lovely....suppose when they get older I will change my mind...they are 5 and 2 :)
    We are quite lucky with our neighbours
    Sorry I know this doesn't help :oops: :)
    Love Barbaraxx

no, i am all for children should be seen and not heard!
    I am in my 40s and was a seen and not heard kid, bring it on!!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Awww sorry oneday...I am 60 wonder if the older you get the more patient...suppose my OH wouldnt agree.. :roll: :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • oneday
    Options
    lovely, the 8.20 am..waker upers neighbours are playiing clapping hands in the garden..i am inside with windows open!
    right i am off to national trust place somewhere with lots of space :D:D:D
  • oneday
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Awww sorry oneday...I am 60 wonder if the older you get the more patient...suppose my OH wouldnt agree.. :roll: :)

oops...nope i havent got more patient with age...wiser i guess...i am looking forward to the day i can live in an over 55 retirement estate although if most are deaf they will probably have t.v.s etc on full blast!
  • tkachev
    Options
    oneday wrote:
    tkachev wrote:

Elizabeth

OMG! thats really awful about your sons feelings...hope hes okay. Sort of know how he is feeling as i was sat there yesterday imagining going to each house with a machine gun and how satifisfied the feeling would be..until the police van came to take me away off course.

He did mention a gun!
    E x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • oneday
    Options
    all quiet on the western front!!!!!!
  • oneday
    Options
    quiet so far but another pyromanic got firing going...what is it with people....
    i feel like putting one of those one man band drum kits on and banging up and down!