aarrrrghhhhhhh

Options
dippydoodah
dippydoodah Member Posts: 350
edited 26. May 2010, 11:00 in Living with Arthritis archive
just a little rant - stoopid shampoo bottles!! why dont they make them easier to squeeze :?

hanging my head upside down sopping wet and squirting shampoo over the floor of the bathroom isnt my idea of a relaxing sunday morning. feeling quite mobile today so i thought id throw my head over the bath kneeling on a stool to wash my hair but cant squeeze the bottle one handed into the other hand so i tried using both hands and aiming at what i thought was my head.....

at least my husband chuckling behind me lightened the situation!! :lol:

rant over :D
Caroline x

Comments

• kmt297
    kmt297 Member Posts: 24
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Ooh Caroline, leaning over the bath sounds like torture to my stiff back!! I always stand in the shower (over the bath type) so that gravity does most of the work... Then I can have two hands free for fiddly bottles and more importantly see what I'm doing. Only problem I have is that when my knees are poorly I have to get my dear hubby to hold my hands while I climb in and out of the shower so I don't fall. Hope you managed to get your hair nice and clean in the end... I also use a very mild shampoo so I only have to wash my hair twice per week.
    KT
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Caroline
    I think that all these things are sent to test us :roll: whos idea was it to squeeze some out before hand....don't believe I didn't think of that one :roll:
    love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dippydoodah
    Options
    i should've thought of putting it into something else, can't believe its never crossed my mind!! :oops: so simple....

i've actually got some mini muller yoghurt pots which i keep for jellies for the boys.... so one may be making a new home at the side of my bath :)

caroline x
  • jordan7j
    jordan7j Bots Posts: 346
    Options
    What a good idea, put it into a container!! so obvious really!!! i wsh mine in the shower too, standing in the bath. Makes my arms ache and wrists hurt, but cant get into the bath due to knees and hips!!! falling apart all over!!! :)
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Actually I have the same problem as well but not only that it's a problem with shower gel!! Even in the shower with 2 hands I can't squeeze the gel out or it's the cap I can't undo. I can only shower when hubby is there to help me to overcome these things. It just sucks!!!

Janie
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    How right you all are!!!

Stoopid bottles are the 'wrong sort' of plastic :x

Mind you I have another problem......

I have to have different make shampoo to conitioner as....I cant read em without me specs :oops:

LOve

Toni xx
  • bailey27
    bailey27 Member Posts: 689
    Options
    You could always try one of those containers, like johnsons baby shampoo... then you dont have to squeeze only press.
    x
  • sarahrockfan
    sarahrockfan Member Posts: 79
    Options
    Hi,
    I use a similar container as bailey27 suggested, one of those soap dispenser containers where you push down on the top, so when my hands are playing up I push down on it with my arm. I ask a family member if they can fill it up with my shampoo so its easier.
    TC
    Sarah
  • dippydoodah
    Options
    thats a fab idea. i can use the palms of my hands, i think thats the only place where im not sore!! :)

ive seen some lovely soap dispensers at the supermarket that i could pour my shampoo into.... definately worth buying one for the sake of a couple of pounds doing my hair will be sooooo much easier!

thanks for that!! :D
    caroline x
  • debrajane
    debrajane Member Posts: 4
    Options
    bailey27 wrote:
    You could always try one of those containers, like johnsons baby shampoo... then you dont have to squeeze only press.
    x
    great idear off shopping in the morning if i can manage to do the bloody zip up on my dress :D
  • dippydoodah
    Options
    ive been to the supermarket (the slap on the bum one :D ) and got myself a clear soap dispenser - absolutely wonderful!! thank you for the ideas, life is slowly getting easier as i adapt to more and more ways of doing things for myself.

don't know what id do without this website and the wonderful support/advice/ideas from others

caroline x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    i had to get a corner shelf to keep all the stuff on as cant reach to pick things off the floor. it took me ages to find a plastic one as most our chrome and go manky.
    Life is so much eaier now.
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    just a little rant - stoopid shampoo bottles!! why dont they make them easier to squeeze :?

hanging my head upside down sopping wet and squirting shampoo over the floor of the bathroom isnt my idea of a relaxing sunday morning. feeling quite mobile today so i thought id throw my head over the bath kneeling on a stool to wash my hair but cant squeeze the bottle one handed into the other hand so i tried using both hands and aiming at what i thought was my head.....

at least my husband chuckling behind me lightened the situation!! :lol:

rant over :D
    Caroline x

well I so agree with this!!! such a frustration when hands are bad.

seen the good suggestions given and agree that the soap dispensers are a good idea ... I did look at them, but i nt he meantime found a cheaper solution.

I use body shop shampoo and it used to have a pump dispenser but they no longer do them, and they won't sell the pump dispenser bits to you either :roll:

I keep the empty container, put a little of the shampoo in and then dilute with water ...... about half and half works for me ..... and then all I need to do is shake the bottle over my head like it was vinegar on a packet of chips :lol::lol::lol::lol: when hubby is helping me to wash my hair we have a real laugh when I say it is vinegar time :lol::lol::lol::lol:

doesn't work for the conditioner though :( so hubby does that for me ..... but i might get one of the soap dispensers when I go to the supermarket.

hugs
    WOnky xxx