what is it ?

Options
only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 23. May 2010, 12:15 in Community Chit-chat archive
hello everyone

we got for the first time a dove or what i think is one nesting in our fir tree in our garden, for weeks we woke up to the sound of coo coo and seen two of them about during the day, she just got off her nest to have a walk about and now has gone back.

http://www.box.net/shared/49zfsxt2y5

i had to take this photo through the kitchen window as she very nervous

i hope you enjoy
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• only49
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    i thought it was something like that, there a lot smaller than a pigeon, i remember my mum's cat caught a big fat pigeon once and it was alot bigger than him, but would he put it down no way he kept hold of it and tried to get it through a whole in sheep netting in the end with it still in his mouth he took a huge leap to the top of the fence and fell over the other side with it still in his mouth.
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    Yes, it is a collared dove, we have a lot in the trees round us, alongside cockoos and wood pidgeons. Cockoos are the same colour though, silver grey, we hear them, but rarely see them.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options
    only49 wrote:
    i thought it was something like that, there a lot smaller than a pigeon, i remember my mum's cat caught a big fat pigeon once and it was alot bigger than him, but would he put it down no way he kept hold of it and tried to get it through a whole in sheep netting in the end with it still in his mouth he took a huge leap to the top of the fence and fell over the other side with it still in his mouth.

Daisy did that too :shock:

HUGE - bigger than her for sure :shock:

She got it an we couldn't get it off her :wink:

Love

toni xx
  • only49
    Options
    bubbles wrote:
    Yes, it is a collared dove, we have a lot in the trees round us, alongside cockoos and wood pidgeons. Cockoos are the same colour though, silver grey, we hear them, but rarely see them.
    never heard any cockoos up here, so i surprised about these