Back to work!

Options
josiec
josiec Member Posts: 386
edited 24. May 2010, 20:04 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone, hope you are enjoying this lovely sunshine! Sorry haven't had chance to post much in the last couple of weeks - going back to work has taken my energy, but I'm getting back into it now and it's getting easier. My foot swells quite a lot by the end of the day and goes very red, but I assume this is normal. Still can't find any standard shoes or sandals that fit comfortably so I assume it's still more swollen than it looks really. Back at the hospital in a couple of weeks so will see what they say then, but it seems to be doing okay to me! :lol: Hooray! (cautiously!)

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi josie

Well done for surviving being back at work :)

I would think your foot might swell as it will be down all day. Do you do exercises at all during the day to get the ciculation going?

Hope you find some nice shoes soon :wink: If you do |i want to hear :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Josie,

Hope work is going ok for you. I know you must feel tired.

Sorry about the foot though. Shoes are a nightmare. My feet are so swollen with the heat I've gone native.

Might have to have second thoughts for work tommorrow :oops:
    Lv, Ix
  • josiec
    Options
    I do take my shoes off at every opportunity at the moment!! :lol: The kids at school are fascinated! I have exercises to do to keep it flexible and keep moisturising the scar to keep it flexible so hopefully it will settle. Fortunately none of the kids have stood on it yet! :shock:
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Josie :)

Pleased to hear things are going well for you. I hope you were able to take it easy this weekend and enjoy the fabulous weather. Wishing you well for this week at work.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing well Josie. Do you elevate your foot when you can at school .... ie lunch time (even if like me you only grab 15 to 20 mins ...) when at computer etc

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • josiec
    Options
    Probably don't elevate it as much as I should really. I do sit with my legs crossed a lot - not good for me I know! At least I know it works well for an emergency stop - closest I've ever come to an accident today: idiot!!! (Him not me!) :shock: Have been having stabbing pains this afternoon-probably a bit of a protest I suppose!
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Josie -

well done on executing an emergency stop.

Get used to elevating your foot at school as part of routine - you will really benefit. Before on sick leave (just had op) I used to put my foot up on edge of a particular coffee table in the staffroom - no one minded - in fact as I got more immobile - staff would pull it nearer for me. Also cleared a space under my desk and computer (used to use under for storage) so could put my foot up under there too. On days when didn't manage it - really noticed a difference.

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.