Fever

Options
bailey27
bailey27 Member Posts: 689
edited 24. May 2010, 08:31 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
Had a bad night wednesday night and early hours of thursday morning where i was very agitated and restless/> I woke up almost every hour wednesday night and woke up very early thursday morning and had a terrible pain in my stomach. I though I got another ulcer but it was more of a cramping pain.
I went up the doctors who took my tempe etc. My blood pressure was very high 198 / 102 i believe and my temperature was high too 38.3 and also my resting heart rate was 110. My dr phoned the hospital straight away and told me i needed to get to the hospital straight away and if i couldnt get a lift then she would phone an ambulance for me.
I didnt know what was going on. I felt very rough but nothing i have ever felt before i was very lethargic. He checked my glands and said that they were up, the ones in my neck and stomach.
I got to the hospital and he dr ordered an ultrasound but couldnt et it done that day so had to stay in over night and had it friday morning. Friday morning i felt absolutely fine. My temp had dropped back down and the pain had gone.
The dr told me the next day that it was probably a flare up and not to worry especially if i felt ok. the ultrasound didnt show 'anything to worry about'.
A f;are up??? Honestly is this really a symptom of arthritis?? My rheumy is treating me for AS.

Comments

• janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi

can't say that I've had the stomach pain but I have regular fevers, when I have one I know Im in for a flare. For me it is quite regular. I have RA.

Hope you are feeling better

Janie
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    Hi Bailey
    that must have been bit scary, glad you are feeling better now.
    arthritis seems it can do so many things to us :roll:
    Take care
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Hope you are feeling better now what ever it was, Ive got Ra and never heard of that. sendinding u my best get well wishes from joanne
    Joanne
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Bailey - you poor thing. That must have been a scary experience.
    Hope you are feeling bettter.

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • bailey27
    bailey27 Member Posts: 689
    Options
    Hi
    thanks for your replies, I feel much better now, which is why i dont understand it because usually a flare up will alst a few days but this was pretty much one day.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Hi Bailey

Well-scary :shock:

Leaves you a bit in the dark though :(

So very glad you are home and ok
    Love

Toni xx