bad feeling

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 24. May 2010, 15:49 in Community Chit-chat archive
i for one do not like all this locking of threads are people not allowed an opinion any more. there was i time when we could discus problems and help each other understand our point of view.
i am coming on less and less and am not the only one. why have some names become a no go area, because of a problem with one person i have managed to stay friends with both so far and would not be happy if either said do not talk to them. i have told both that will stay friends with both and if they choose not to say certain things to me i understand but we all need all the friends we can get and all the help we need no one should be made to feel they have to watch what they say and do all the time we all make mistakes and should learn to forgive and forget pain does make us react differently sorry if this offends any one but i do feel all this jumping on each other is not helping please go back to what we started with a place we can meet all our friends and chat if you do not like a thread do not read it. val
val

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 24. May 2010, 04:41
    Options
    I always thought the main aim of this forum was to help and support others when diagnosed with any type of arthritis.

Personally I feel this latest incident is getting too indepth to discuss openly with peeps keep starting new posts on the subject and can understand and appreciate why the mods are choosing to lock the threads. The longer it drags on, more people are going to get upset and newbies are going to wonder what the heck they have joined.

The bickering must stop NOW. We must get back to what this forum was set up for, in the first place.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dolittle
    dolittle Member Posts: 240
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thanks for those wise words Elna. You seem a lovely very understanding lady and it perks me up when I see you've replied to a post I may have made.

Lots of us, and I would think that includes you, have felt too poorly and down to bicker or put up with 'heavy' debates. Lots of people have had ops, have sore wounds, others have so much pain they just want some cheerful words and cyber smiles which help the day along.

Have a good day everyone .......... I'm out in the shed working on a magic wand which will do away with pain, bolshie consultants and pills that make you fat!
    Dolittle
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    edited 24. May 2010, 05:12
    Options
    I am at a loss to understand why anyone would think that the Forum is any less of a nurturing, advice giving, and helpful place now, simply because of a falling out between two members. No one person should be that important. The Forum is what matters.

Anyone who reads my posts will know that I have not taken any sides, nor will I. I read, and accepted the rules before I became a member. I don`t feel I should try to change them now.

What I will re-iterate, is my firm belief that if threads are continually started, and this issue is not allowed to take it`s natural course, this Forum will die a death. I, for one, would not wish to remain a part of it

Please, please, don`t create a situation that we will all regret............Ange.
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    Yes this forum is for arthritis. However, i have been on this site for a long time and at the time the chit chat zone was launched. It was launched because on the main Living with arthritis zone peeps liked to have a general chit chat hence this partiuclar zone was born.
    It offers support for others areas of life, cheers peeps up to take mind of their pain....
  • jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    Options
    Morning everyone,

I have seen this thread, and think it is good that everyone is talking. Unfortunately I am off to take my dad to the doctors once again, but will get back to you all asap.

Jean
  • elnafinn
    Options
    I am not implying for a moment that there should not be a chitchat zone. I was also on the forum when it was started and a brilliant idea too :)

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • elnafinn
    Options
    And let's face it, if the whole sorry business HADN'T involved said person, I doubt very much this bickering would have ever started, in fact I suspect had the roles been reversed, the whole situation would have turned out very differently!! Lynn

:) I agree, Lynn. Other issues have been nipped in the bud quickly by the mods, done and dusted, end of story.

Luv
    Elna x

• janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Hopefully that will be the end of the matter, let's it lie. I agree with babycham. It is causing an 'atmosphere' and it is upsetting.

Janie
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    :mrgreen:

Yeah no probs but the next one of you that posts an insult aimed at me will face legal action, fair enough??, hey if it works for others then it can work for all of us, anyway rehab is back on here under another name from another IP address. :wink:
  • dolittle
    dolittle Member Posts: 240
    Options
    Hope all's back to norm. Life is short, friends are few,here's my message: :arrow:

http://www.box.net/shared/qm5i1a7y6h

Do
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    im exausted with it all to be honest , im not gonna post again on this subject ,surfice to say i i likes all 3 peeps involved and wish we were all back on the boat going to spain! 8)
    ME TO :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    im exausted with it all to be honest , im not gonna post again on this subject ,surfice to say i i likes all 3 peeps involved and wish we were all back on the boat going to spain! 8)

Maybe that's what we all need - a long, slow, relaxed cruise with accommodation for anyone and everyone?

Anyone any ideas? Wrong time of the year for hot countries, how about Siberia?

Annie
  • mellman01
    edited 24. May 2010, 09:48
    Options

Oh that's it run away! :mrgreen:

Morning everyone,

I have seen this thread, and think it is good that everyone is talking. Unfortunately I am off to take my dad to the doctors once again, but will get back to you all asap.

Jean

Sorry to disappoint you Jean others just want a blanket ban on mentioning posters past or even using certain words now, and for gods sake don't ever every try reason or talk about forgivness that's seen as a weakness and or a threat, and it will be the trigger for all sorts of orrible things!

One way you could look at it is it's a bit like the sketch from Faulty towers when the Germans were having dinner and Basil was talking to Manwell about him keep mentioning the war, only switch War for the word rehab!. Oh bugger I've gone and done it again havent I! :roll:
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Mellman theres no one on here quite like Rehab!
    I am sure I d spot his writing style traight away.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • oneday
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    I am sure I d spot his writing style traight away.

Elizabeth

keeps us on our toes (....if only!)
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    I am sure I d spot his writing style straight away.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    yesterday is done and dusted today will be yesterday too tomorrow is another day can we all move on and smile at each other life is far to complicated to fall out on a forum we are here because we have one thing in common i talk to everybody and anybody , also listen and keep my thoughts to my self at times but a cyber hug from a forum friend , can mean so much xxxxxxxxx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    bertyboy wrote:
    yesterday is done and dusted today will be yesterday too tomorrow is another day can we all move on and smile at each other life is far to complicated to fall out on a forum we are here because we have one thing in common i talk to everybody and anybody , also listen and keep my thoughts to my self at times but a cyber hug from a forum friend , can mean so much xxxxxxxxx

One ((((((hug)))))) comming your way :D

Julie xx
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • oneday
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    tkachev wrote:
    I am sure I d spot his writing style straight away.

Elizabeth

Not too sure, some new peeps seem to have sort of similiar sense of humour?
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    well it not rehab he is not posting at all and yes you would have known if he was.
    please stop getting at each other and get back to helping each other val
    val
  • mellman01
    Options
    OK Val no probs, it was fun for a bit though!, right back to the old boring post what's his name forum, right what next then???, Hmmmmm, I know!!, how about this, who quotes are these two then. Oh and here's a clue, one was British the other not but both crossed paths and didn't see eye to eye at all.

"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind".

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak, Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
  • pluggathome
    pluggathome Member Posts: 171
    Options
    babycham wrote:
    As a newbie I dont want to tread on any toes as I havent got a clue about what is going on But the chit chat line is fabulous for a little bit of harmless fun and along with the regular discussion surely they both have their place Today I have been able to reduce my pain meds for the first time in weeks now call it coincidence or what you will but I had such fun on the virtual picnic and slept like a top last night as they say laughter is the best medicine after all it takes nothing away from us when we have those black days totally unable to move from bed or chair and really have nothing to give to others and to are in such pain nothing can raise a smileso we definately need both even the harmless arguing you know just like in the real world luv to everyone have a really great day luvBabychaimxxxxx ............Delboys says he will be at nextweeks picnic all being well

I am so glad i started the picnic thread and that it had a positive affect for you. Pluggxx
  • pluggathome
    pluggathome Member Posts: 171
    Options
    annie_mial wrote:
    barbara12 wrote:

Maybe that's what we all need - a long, slow, relaxed cruise with accommodation for anyone and everyone?

Anyone any ideas? Wrong time of the year for hot countries, how about Siberia?

Annie

CANADA!!!!!!!!

Anywhere, lets face it..if the westher is naff we can just sail on! 8)