Latest appointment with rheummy doc

Options
pennycrayon
pennycrayon Member Posts: 69
edited 26. May 2010, 10:16 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone,

Just got back from my latest appointment with the doc. She is going to increase me to 25mg of methotrexate and also going to try injections rather than tablets in the hope it helps with the side effects. Does anyone have a good experience with injections of methotrexate? Also, it appears that I have a problem with the tendon in my foot and they want to inject steroids into it but cant until I have an ultrasound to find out exactly where to inject.

One thing I did want to ask everyone though is I'm being referred to a pediatrist because I walk/stand on the sides of my feet- which is probably why I have a problem with the tendon in my foot-and I was wondering if anyone else has a similar problem and anything to help the problem?

Waffle over! :)

Comments

• cthornley
    cthornley Member Posts: 627
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Pennycrayon
    I’ve never had a problem with MTX and take 20mg orally so can’t help with that one
    However I was referred to a podiatrist by my GP & Rhemy a few years back as the RA in my feet was making the Plantar Fasciitis in both my feet much much worse which in turn was making the RA worse etc etc vicious circle to the point that I didn’t want to get up as it made me wince with pain just thinking about it.. Anyway he did a fab assessment of my gait (the way you walk) and properly examined my feet, showed me some exercises to help and then took moulds of my feet to make corrective orthotics particular to my feet.
    The orthotics took a bit of getting used to and it was a pain getting shoes that they worked with but they corrected it and now I don’t need them....I still have RA in my toes  but the PF has gone and my walk is subsequently much better
    Hope you get some relief
    Chrissie
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Hi penny

sounds productive - fererral to podiatry and change on meds (method anyway).

Some people swear by having their mtx by jab - less sickness and nausea for some.

Good luck

Love

Toni xx
  • ailsamary
    ailsamary Member Posts: 38
    Options
    just to mention i find crocs helpful with tthe planter fascitis, in eurpoe they do have ones which are supposed to be specifically for such a thing, crocs are actually the only shoes i can wear now with any comfort,
  • pennycrayon
    Options
    Thanks once again everyone. Im so glad i found this forum :D
  • dutchess
    dutchess Member Posts: 79
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Just got back from my latest appointment with the doc. She is going to increase me to 25mg of methotrexate and also going to try injections rather than tablets in the hope it helps with the side effects. Does anyone have a good experience with injections of methotrexate? Also, it appears that I have a problem with the tendon in my foot and they want to inject steroids into it but cant until I have an ultrasound to find out exactly where to inject.

One thing I did want to ask everyone though is I'm being referred to a pediatrist because I walk/stand on the sides of my feet- which is probably why I have a problem with the tendon in my foot-and I was wondering if anyone else has a similar problem and anything to help the problem?

Waffle over! :)
    Hi
    I went on injection at beginning of year after five years on table form of methotrexate and has been fantastic. No more nausea!!! I'm still getting the injection done at my surgery but think I'll get trained up to do it myself soon, should be done over three weeks by hosp at least then won't have hassle of going to drs surgery every week. Hope injection works for you.
    Take care
    Luv Kelly
  • pennycrayon
    Options
    To live without nausea.....oh to dream...
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    I have managed much better on the MTX injections at a lower does than when on the tablets. The tablets made me sick and I didn't absorb them so was taking much more. :( the injections do give me problems when the dose is upped, but it is usually temporary.

hope they help you

hugs
    WOnky xxxx