The things children say!!

katekelly
katekelly Member Posts: 975
edited 25. May 2010, 06:36 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi Folks,
Yesterday we had a lovely service at our church for 6 members of our congation were being confirmed. For some who may not know these events are presided over by the local Bishop. The service was truly moving and the Bishop's sermon to the point. Well we came to the part of the service where we take communion. Now our Church believe in giving the children communion bread (or wafer) and wine before confirmation and the children attend special classes before this happens. Sarah took her classes over a year ago and so is quite used to taking communion. So, we both went up to the altar rail and the Bishop took a wafer (we used to use bread but not allowed now since swine flu!), and he broke it in half giving us each a piece. I thought no more of it, received the wine and went back to our seats.
Well after such a wonderful uplifting service we mingled and were one of the last families to leave. As we walked across the car park a black car stopped in front of us and the window came down and there was the Bishop. "I meant to say to you, I'm sorry I only gave you half a wafer each but there were still quite a few after you and I thought I might run out!" " Oh that's quite alright I thought nothing of it" says I quite pleased he'd remembered me!!....What is it they say 'pride comes before a fall?' "It was ok" says 7 year old Sarah, "I think it tastes horrid!".The Bishop's assistant had to look away I'm hoping it was because he was laughing and to say I was a bit red is an understatement it could have passed for the worst case of sunburn this year!!
Oh well maybe I'm a victim of my own parenting skills.... I've always told my kiddies to tell the truth!!

Comments

• ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh the joys of being a mum. :lol:

We are going to one in June. Cannot believe that my nephew will be on best behaviour.

I'm going with some dark glasses and keeping near to the exit!!
    Can't think why. :oops:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Kate

bet you were really chuffed before she said that!!

Imagine the Bishop stopping to talk to you :D

Kids eh :oops:

Love

Toni xx