what a rubbish day

cthornley
cthornley Member Posts: 627
edited 26. May 2010, 07:05 in Community Chit-chat archive
I really struggled to get out of bed this morning, first day back after a weeks holiday in the sun and achy stiff joints did their best to tempt me not to move....and I should have listened to them!!!!
A terrible day of wading through e-mails, contemplating making people redundant , giving paycuts and awful clients who think its alright to not pay us or delay payment just in case we might forget them on top of which I was asked if it was ok to possibly drop everything go to the other side of the world for a week in a fortnights time for work, yeah easy peasy i'll just let the 2 yr old look after himself:x
I could do without the stress which I swear makes the RA worse
I do quite fancy the trip but could do with a bit of time to sort out stuff so I could go
sorry this seems to have turned into a bit of a rant
ha but i do feel a little better ...no if only the achy bits would let me go to sleep! :roll:

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I think you've got the post-holiday blues. You've just had a week away from all the stresses and strains of life, and then you've come back to reality. The only solution is to plan your next holiday :!: :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Mmmmm....

Yes Joan

plan the next holiday :D

Sounds like a plan.

Hope you are feeling better today and the joints are behaving and less nasty stuff to do.

Love

Toni xx
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    cthornley wrote:
    I could do without the stress which I swear makes the RA worse

yup - certainly does .... been told today that there is scientific evidence that angry thoughts can lower your immune system, and that calming compassionate thoughts (for yourself not others :wink: ) can help support the immune system. Makes you think.
    cthornley wrote:

I do quite fancy the trip but could do with a bit of time to sort out stuff so I could go

any way you could say that to them? not sure of your situation, but maybe they could give you time to sort things or even help in some way? (i know , probably as likely as flying pigs but it was the best I could come up with :lol: )

hugs
    WOnky xxx
  • cthornley
    cthornley Member Posts: 627
    thanks guys ...yes it was a touch of post holiday blues and also the reality of the economic situation for my industry hitting home with a big bump!! Tis really not a good time to be in construction, I guess I was hoping we were gonna be lucky.

Wonkylegs - Its too complicated but we desperately need the work and i'm the only person who can do it...nice to be needed but the responsibility doesn't help with the stress.

Its funny but RA is probably part of the reason I got promoted to such a senior position so quickly....proving to everybody who doubted me that I could do it made me much more driven and focussed than some of my friends. However it also what makes it much harder when the stress piles on, can't win hey :roll:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Actually

You should be proud of yourself :D

Hope you feel ok today

Love

Toni xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    the reality of the economic situation for my industry hitting home with a big bump!! Tis really not a good time to be in construction, I guess I was hoping we were gonna be lucky.

I know what you mean about the construction industry, but hopefully things are picking up. My son-in-law is a civil engineer who had never been out of work for over 20 years since he qualified. Then last year he was unemployed for 8 months. Just as he was almost giving up, he suddenly got the offer of two jobs, and had to choose between them. Now he is very busy again, so things are looking up.

Good luck to you too :!: :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif