Sunglasses

oneday
oneday Member Posts: 1,434
edited 28. May 2010, 09:29 in Community Chit-chat archive
If you get prescription sunglasses and are short sighted whats happens if someone who has glasses for distance and then also needs them for reading i.e. long sighted what prescription sunglasses do they have? or do they have 2 pairs like normal glasses?
Might sound strange question but just wondered. I am thinking of getting sunglasses with a prescription as slightly short sighted but wondered what would a person do who is long sighted, would they not get prescription ones?

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    i have vari focals as need them to read and see the distance but not got tint on these
    val
  • oneday
    Hi all...
    its a bit complicated business with so much choice. i have had lenses with tints and now got lenses with anti glare which i think are better than tints.
    i just fancied some sunglasses and thought i would have prescription in them.
    Then started getting all thoughts about different people with different sights ie. long and wondered how they got on..
    But if youre long sighted and only need them for reading if you are walking about in the sun and wouldnt need your long sighted glasses does that mean you just have normal sunglasses...
    feel dizzy!
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    I normally wear varifocals, but I had a pair of Reactive bifocal specs made last summer so that I can read the flippin' labels in shops in the summer!

Works very well.

Annie
  • oneday
    discovered if you have reactive lens ones they dont work in the car! I might start wearing mine shopping as cant see things from a distance!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hiya

I got two pairs and the longer ones change colour - as you say they cost a fortuine and dont work in the car. :x

Mine are on -off on off all the time.

My sil is short sighted and wears contacts in teh sumer so she can wear her sunglasses.

Minefield.....

Toni xx
  • oneday
    sounds quite complicated....but am learning all the time about these different lenses etc...
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    oneday wrote:
    sounds quite complicated....but am learning all the time about these different lenses etc...

It is isnt it?

I keep loosing mine as a result and they are NOT cheap :shock:

Toni xx
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    My friend had this problem, she went to a large well known chemist and has a pair of sun glasses that go over her own glasses and she says they are comfy.

Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • oneday
    do clip ones look old fashioned?!
    waiting for my ordered ones, on offer at £50 which i dont mind as some normal sunglasses cost that.
  • oneday
    Right....I think I see what you mean :shock:

I suppose it would depend if you were ever going to read in the sun :? If not, ordinary non prescription sunglasses would do.

If you might now and again read in the sun, the cheapest option would probably be to use your normal reading specs, with some clip on sunglasses over them!!!! :D:D:D

Lynn xx

p.s like green fish, you didnt have that before did you,thought it was something orangey coloured.
  • oneday
    frogmorton wrote:
    oneday wrote:

It is isnt it?

I keep loosing mine as a result and they are NOT cheap :shock:

Toni xx

I have got/oredered some inexpensive ones but theyre nice.