Oh am I foolish

Options
handsy
handsy Member Posts: 209
edited 26. May 2010, 08:39 in Living with Arthritis archive
As some of you will know I have RA really bad and I have had to retire from work. So the other day I said I would give my Daughter a hand putting up some wallpaper, as this was my line of work I thourght that a couple of rolls of paper would be ok. Wrong I am absolutly ill and in so much pain. I feel so embarrased that i could not even manage a small amount of work. Whilst i was doing this work I was sweating like really bad acctually running off my face. I did not finish the one wall and to say I was unable to carry on. this has hit home like a train. This RA is a dangerous Foe. :cry::cry:

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi John

It is good to see your name on here but very sad to read your posting. We all from time to time try to do things that we used to do without batting an eyelid, never giving it a seconds thought and it does come as a huge shock and upset to have to learn to recognise that we can no longer do certain tasks or it really takes it out of us if we try.

I do hope that you feel better soon and I am sure your daughter understood and probably did not really want you to help and felt very bad when you suffered as a result, but we are stubborn sometimes, aren't we?

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • theresa4
    theresa4 Member Posts: 696
    Options
    Oooh I really feel for you I had the same problem after decorating my daughters bedroom to get ready for her baby. :roll:

It is hard to admit that its harder to do things and you have to pay for it after too. You are not foolish though its good you want to do things, you cant give in and let arthur win :!:

Hope you feel better soon xxxx
    Theresa x
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan

Theresa xxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    it getting your head around it that one of the hardest parts your brain wants to but the body just can not. sorry you could not do all you want to but you can help by giving advice and being there for those little probs that turn up your know how will be of great help so feel glad that you can do your bit with out hurting your joints good luck and sorry you could not do what you wanted. val
    val
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    That is really sad for you John. Its like a final kick in the b*lls.I do hope though that your medication will start to relieve your pain and you will be able to manage this task again oneday. Never say never.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Oh John :(

poor you :(

you msut be so upset - to find out your limnitations like that. Maybe you were due a flare anyway and it was coincidence?

I find that when I am well I can do quite a lot.

You atke care and rest up properly

Love and a hug

Toni xx