ATOS medical secretly filmed

Options
09angel11
09angel11 Member Posts: 87
edited 11. Jun 2010, 11:04 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everyone

Hope everyone is feeling as well as can be. Just to let you know on BBC1 tonight at 10.45 there is a programme on about Atos, the people who do medicals to see if you are fit for work or not. The person on tonight has had a medical and secretly filmed it, it shows just what goes on, and how they go about things. Should be very interesting.

Take care all
Monica :)

Comments

• janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Monica

I have had a look on my planner and can't find it. Could it be newsnight on bbc2?

Janie
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    Thanks Monica

am setting the recoder now.

Lets discuss this tomorrow eh?

Love

Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    I cant find it :(

help!

Toni xx
  • tjc123
    tjc123 Member Posts: 139
    Options
    Help I cant find this on my TV planner
  • thisledome1
    thisledome1 Member Posts: 45
    Options
    Hi
    Ido believe it is being screened on Scottish tv .I had a e-mail from Band W this morning .
    I would also like to watch it ,so if any one does see it will they post .

Jean
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Oh :(

I'm no is Scotland :(

I can ask me sis to watch it for me?

Shall we all mail the BBC and ask them to show it here??

Love

Toni xx

Just been on teh BBC website and couldnt work out hwo to contact them - dont want blogs ot forums just an address.... :( anyone cleverer than me?

(on second thoughts - dont answer that :wink: )
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Angel - since us English lot can't find it in our listings - would be helpful to know exact name of programme and if applicable episode number - so that we can track it down ....

Speedalong

Is there a Scottish iplayer???
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • 09angel11
    Options
    Hi All

I do not know whats going on but i cannot find it either, and they wrote and told me, so will write back and ask if they told me correctly, as i am passing on information , myself and others cannot find. Will let you know. Sorry :(

Monica
  • 09angel11
    Options
    Hi all

I am sorry, it is only on in Scotland, it is called, "Who is cheating who?" so if anyone on the forum is from Scotland pehaps they can watch and let us all know. Apologies again.
    Make sure i get the correct info next time. :x

Monica
  • patriciamary
    patriciamary Member Posts: 117
    Options
    Hi all. I am in Scotland and have already set a reminder for this programme when I saw a trailer for it. I will sit up straight and listen to every word and report back tomorrow. Though I will probably have to wait till I calm down if the content is the usual standard of ATOS. I received and email from Benefits and Work to remind me its on tonight.
    Regards
    Trisha
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Thanks Monica

My sis is in Dundee I will text her....

We need to ask the BBC to screen it here if it's good.

Love

Toni xx
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    The program will not be available on BBC iplayer unfortunately. Guess the BBC doesn't want the rest of us to find out what goes on.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00sjn3x

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Well i found it and watched it and im in england.....
    on bbc iplayer
    Elaine
    The program will not be available on BBC iplayer unfortunately. Guess the BBC doesn't want the rest of us to find out what goes on.

Joseph 8)
  • rebecca1
    rebecca1 Member Posts: 30
    Options
    I watched it and was quite frightened by it.
    I think when you have an illness which is progressive and relies on toxic meds just to slow the disability it's an outrage that these people can choose whether you are fit to work or not...even if you want to i'm sure the stress and pain can't be constuctive.

Anyway I came upon this article which is a ATOS medical report.

Makes interesting reading and gives an insight of what to expect...

Larain.x

http://www.whywaitforever.com/dwpatosmedicalreport.html
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Well I watched this and it humbled me as in the folks shown had ME, one had died of cancer and anxiety/depression....I guess i moan about my knee and stuff but its not as life threaterning as any of the above....I did think the programme could have shown both spectrums of the scale and folk like myself but it didnt......

The percentage rate of appealants (myself included) succeedding in getting thier decision overturned is 40%.....I just hope Danny Alexander follows through with his concerns now he has been promoted.....Did anyone else find it strange at how bitter the scots were at the election? They already have their own parliament which was a financial monstrosity....Oh and by the way im scots born!!!!!Not anti scots.....Same as when andy murray wins he's british, when he loses he's scots

Elaine
    Well i found it and watched it and im in england.....
    on bbc iplayer
    Elaine

Joseph 8)
  • loanranger
    loanranger Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum which I found on the web via this link: http://www.whywaitforever.com/dwpatoscases.html
    I was a little disappointed that you hadn't a link by which we could still watch the BBC Scotland documentary "Whos Cheating Who" so I've fixed that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yop7L95NyIU
    Kindest regards,
    Paul.
  • airwave
    airwave Member Posts: 579
    Options
    I've just sat and watched it, it is letting everyone down, government, civil service and the public, a poorly designed system with the default settings slewed towards the DWP's attempt to spend less money and get people off benefits, whether they should be or not. Sad. Lives messed around with for no other reason than somebody somewhere was empire building from an ivory tower (PLP@No.10???).

Yes, some may need to be pushed towards work but the government set the standards in the first place, its not something that can be reversed overnight. Others need support for a long time and its how we support them that we could give more effort to.

8) Its a grin, honest!
  • rosyred
    rosyred Member Posts: 150
    Options
    oooo wow im just gunna put it on planner....If i can find it...

must say every time i have been they ahve been grt with me .. but then i havent been put in the back to work one X