not happy at all

Options
only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 27. May 2010, 07:03 in Living with Arthritis archive
hello

just got a letter through saying i'm not going to get any D.L.A full stop, sorry for the rant but i am not happy :x :x :x :x after all that and seeing that doctor who hubby said was a jobs worth and i tend to adgree now thinking about it, i dont think its right but thats the b*** goverment for you grrrr d015.gif i'm far from happy i can tell you there is a danger of a major rant here, but its just sinking so expect more rants.

i just thought i post this and let you know.

sylvia
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    so sorry :(

sending loads of hugs ((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))
    not much use to you but best I can do at the mo :wink:

you could appeal couldn't you?

sorry
    WOnky xxx
  • patriciamary
    patriciamary Member Posts: 117
    Options
    Hi Sylvia, I know how it feels when you get that letter, a mixture of anger and disbelief. Let it sink in for a few days and then decide if you have the energy to appeal. I was refused on my first application and I honestly thought that I was going to eventually get better and get back to work (naive, I know) so turned all my energy to that end. A year later and getting worse I re-applied they sent doc to see me at home and then refused again. This time anger took over and I appealed. I collected all the paperwork from GP, Physio, and OT myself and sent them copies. Appeal was 9th April 2010. 50 weeks after application. I did consider giving up but I always felt that they were wrong so I pushed on. Appeal went in my favour, only got care element at lowest rate and no mobility element at all. Now I re-applying for mobility element. I expect the same barrage of paper from the DLA but Im determined that they are not getting away with treating people like us so badly. So there is always hope. Wait a few days and see how you feel. At least if you go to an appeal you feel that you have given it your best shot. Hope things get better for you soon. If you want to know how the appeal board is set up etc just let me know and I will give you the full story.
    Regards
    Trisha
  • only49
    Options
    hi

sorry to put it this way but this has really hit, at the mo i wont be appyling for it again its really put me off, and here comes a rant, but there is so many people out there that are getting it and should not be getting it and that what makes me so wild, i can think of a person who lives nearby who gets it and should not get it.

i phone the C A B tomorrow and see what they say and take it from there, but i am feeling like i really been kicked in the teeth.

sorry but thats how i feel.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Yes Sylvia

get on to CAB. If they think you should appeal then you should.

This does make me furious too :x :x

On the radio this morning they were saying about the ESA medicals stopping genuine people from getting it!

i am a bit angry about it anyway today so ignore me.

Let us know how you feel after sleeping on it.

Love and hugs

Toni xx
  • only49
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Yes Sylvia

On the radio this morning they were saying about the ESA medicals stopping genuine people from getting it!

Love and hugs

Toni xx
    no toni we need each other if it wasnt for this forum life would be really horrible, thank god for this forum.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Sylvia,

As the others have said appeal it... get the CAB and the other people... I can't remember their name I am sorry but its like patients rights.... I ain't much good here but the DLA is usually rejected and then given on appeal so don't give up...... A ((( ))) Cris x
  • only49
    Options
    hi i got her email address and just emailed the lady i saw and i phone her first thing, sorry how this comes out but here goes.

Do they really think they can push us around like this its not on, :x :x :x :x a010.gifa045.gifa037.gifk060.gifu070.gif no there not the ones that got to live aith arthur dont get me wrong if they had to maybe life would be very different and i cant stand MP's there just as well give me a good one and he maybe get my vote if he lucky :roll: oh does anyone know where you can buy a magic wand and magic arthur away to some where nice and cold like the south pole, terrible i know but can you blame me.
  • only49
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Yes Sylvia

Love and hugs

Toni xx
    i know i heard that too (On the radio this morning they were saying about the ESA medicals stopping genuine people from getting it!) thats discusting i think by the way things are going the govements going to have all the money and we wont have any rottern lot.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Hi Sylvia

I hope all that bashing of the 'powwrs that be' helped??

Well it made me smile.

You will know what to do - and when you are reday we will all be behind you all the way :D

Love

Toni xx
  • only49
    Options
    i know that funny really that did not surprise me, i got a confession to make toni thats what we would really love to do.... i know violence is not the answer but some people lol some people.
  • dutchess
    dutchess Member Posts: 79
    Options
    only49 wrote:
    hi

sorry to put it this way but this has really hit, at the mo i wont be appyling for it again its really put me off, and here comes a rant, but there is so many people out there that are getting it and should not be getting it and that what makes me so wild, i can think of a person who lives nearby who gets it and should not get it.

i phone the C A B tomorrow and see what they say and take it from there, but i am feeling like i really been kicked in the teeth.

sorry but thats how i feel.

I had the same experience year or so ago. Had to see their doctor got me performing like a monkey then got refused. My rheumy etc supported application. I didn't bother appealing, still even after 7 years in denial stage of arthur plodding/struggling on and kinda thought well at least not pigeon holed in. With arthur it can be so up and down that if I am having a good day I don't feel guilty if I am able to do nice things like go out with friends, gardening etc (shouldn't have to feel like this). Tried to put a positive spin on getting declined. However year on am worse struggling but putting all energy into trying to keep at work part-trime. Think with this arthur you've got a lifetime of fighting to do. Take time out to reflect and see what CAB have to say then make a decision on how you proceed. Best of luck.
    Take care
    Luv Kelly
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Sylvia... dont you dare give up...you are stronger then that....you owe it to yourself and everyone else to appeal...just give yourself time to come down then go for it..we are here when you need us ,the thing is they hope by knocking you back when you are suffering that its the end of it....you show them.
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    sorry to hear this :( :x they did this to me when i first applied :x :( i left it and tried again a few months later and got it. You are gutted now but you will find the strenth to try for it again appeal. Im sorry they put you and us all through this. Sending you huggs from joanne
    Joanne
  • only49
    Options
    hello everyone

i managed to get a appointment with babara leask at 10.am on thursday 3rd june she emailed me this morning and want me to bring the letter in i recived yesterday and we take it from there, i asked her to let me know what going to happen and help as much as she can,

They should not be allowed to treat people the way they do, as with anything in life if you want things to change then you have to do something.

has anyone else been through this process and what happens any info would help.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Sylvia,
    They do tend to turn first application down and getting DLA is much tougher nowadays.It is always best to appeal.

elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • shazzie39
    shazzie39 Member Posts: 38
    Options
    Hi Sylvia
    I have recently applied for this but without expectation. I guess reading others experiences on here has given me realistic expectations. I too fully expect to be rejected. I also expect to have to appeal. Just keep going with it. Its just a battle you have lost not the whole war. I believe you can win out! :D
    Hugs
    Shazzie
    x