Snowdome

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 27. May 2010, 17:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
I'm sure you know what a snowdome is. My gran had a corker that would appear every Christmas, a crib scene, complete with star and little flakes of snow: turn it upside down, or shake it, turn it the right way up and sparkly bits would descend on Joseph, Mary and their new-born child. Very apt for a Middle Eastern setting.

I think we live in individual snowdomes - well, I do, and mine has been turned upside down, shaken, put back, but nothing is settling.

The Husband and me went to our local on Saturday, where we bumped into a couple we hadn't seen for two or three years. The husband (who I shall label A) was a friend of mine, his wife (B) a friend of my husband. We had introduced them ages ago, they fell in love, married and had children, the youngest being a girl just turned 10 (C). We laughed and chatted and exchanged new mobile numbers and promised to meet up properly soon, like you always do. 'A' seemed to be in good spirits, but a lot thinner than I remembered. He said he'd been on a diet, and felt fantastic.

We came home, The Husband cooked, then, while watching the footy, fell fast asleep. I came down and went on here, then received a text from 'A' that really unsettled me. Lord I felt scratchy and fractious and discombobulated (I apologise for the posts, not my usual stuff). I replied to the text as best I could, then went to bed.

Sunday morning came, and almost went. We were sitting in bed reading the papers and the 'phone rang. It was 'B', telling me that 'A' had killed himself in the small hours of Sunday. His body had been found by his youngest daughter. My snowdome was picked up, turned over, shaken and shaken and shaken. It has been put down, but I'm not the right way up yet, and I have no idea what is settling on me. The message that unsettled me so much was 'Goodbye'.

My apologies for upsetting anyone on Saturday. I'll come back when I can, if you want me. I hope you are all OK, all recovering from your various ops and procedures.

Keep healthy. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh DD what an awful thing for you. Its a real shaking and I wish I knew what I can say to get you the right way up.

What you mustn't do is take his choice on your self...... I promise you if he was going to nothing could have stopped him.

I am so sorry and all I can do is give you as much support as I can and leave you a (((( )))) Luv Cris xx
  • patriciamary
    patriciamary Member Posts: 117
    Options
    Hi DD, Im so sorry for the really horrible time that you are going through at present. I have'nt been on for a few days and when I logged on today I was going over all the posts and thought DD has'nt posted and was hoping that you were not unwell. Please believe me when I say there was nothing you could have done. You must remember the good time you had with him in the pub, not the later message you received. Im thinking of you and sending you my kindest wishes and hope to see you posting soon.
    Love and hugs
    Trisha
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Oh Daisy :(

that is incredible and truly awful. You poor poor thing.

We could hold on to the sides of your snowdome to try to settle it for you if it helps.

and yes oF COURSE you are wanted.

Please take care

Love

Toni xx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Oh DD I am so, so very sorry about what has happened. I too had been wondering if you were ok cos hadn't seen you posting for a few days. I know that there is probably nothing anyone can say to help you feel any better right now, but please know that our thoughts are with you - and if it helps to talk about it we're here to listen. Thinking of you. Love Tilly xxx
  • dippydoodah
    dippydoodah Member Posts: 350
    Options
    DD im so so sorry to hear what has happened, you must be feeling very shaken by it all. I know I dont really know you very well but just wanted to offer my condolences and support and let you know I am also thinking of you and hope you are ok.

Caroline x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi sorry this is awfull but if those with him could not do any thing to help him you who have not seen him for ages did not stand a chance and the text could have been inocent and just been a friend thinking they had missed saying good bye when you left no one would have expected him to do what he did. ((())) take care and thanks for sharing val
    val
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi DD
    I am so sorry for what you are going through, life seems to throw some really horrible things at us, I hope that talking to us will help you.
    Please come back when you are up to it, we are all here to help one another.
    you take care
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Oh, DD, what a dreadful thing to happen to you! No wonder you are being shaken about...........perhaps we could turn into a big umbrella for you and help to hold off the flakes, we seem to manage most things on here.

Come on in a post whenever you feel like it, always tea and sympathy going in the cafe, plus buckets of fortitude and energy and the odd mug of steadiness. I have made use of all and assure you they often work a treat.

((((((((((()))))))))) to you.......
    Annie
    xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    DD I am really sorry to hear about your friend. I dont know how to comfort you at this awful time.

Please dont sit there on your own, talk to us when you are ready.
    Sending you and OH my support at this sad and confusing time.

Ix
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    OH DD that is one heck of a shock for all of you.

sending you comforting hugs (((((((((())))))))))))) cos I don't have a clue what else to say.

thinking of you
    Wonky xxx
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    I'm so very sad for you DD :(

If only he hadn't sent you that text, you maybe wouldn't be feeling quite so unsettled although you obviously would have been still very upset. It was a thoughtless thing for him to do ............or do you think he was trying to make a bigger impact on you all by sending it.

Suicide is so terrible for those left behind.

Don't leave us DD, we've missed you being around.

Luv Legs :(
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear DD

I am so very sorry to read your message. You know you will most definitely be welcomed with open arms when you feel ready to return to the fold. You have already been missed. Thank you for telling us why you have not been with us for the past few days. I hope that by sharing this with us, the burden has been very slightly lessened if only by a mere fraction.

Love and gentle hugs
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    That is such a very sad thing to happen
    and no wonder you are shocked and upset.

You probably feel like you are the last person
    he 'spoke' to and its bound to have such an
    impact on you and your husband.

His family must be devastated as you are.

Take care
    Everyone is thinking of you

Kath
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Dream Daisie

I have only just seen this. I'm sorry for what must have been a terrible shock for his daughter and the rest of the family also you.

Saturday was Saturday, forget it. Come back when you feel able to.

Sending you some (((((())))))

Love Trish xxx
  • mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    Options
    Hi DD just wanted to send you some hugs (((((())))) and to let you know people are thinking about you at this very sad and awful time. Try and stay strong, love, Brenda xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your mesages of support and encouragement. The snowdome has settled, I have no idea what is drifitng down around me, but I did laugh earlier today, first time since Sunday - thank you Babycham for that!

I know I couldn't have done anything - that bit doesn't bother me. What does is the fact that, despite his meticulous planning, he didn't (couldn't? wouldn't) take it one step further and think about the effect finding his body would have on the person who found it. Obviously he didn't know who that would be but, given where he did it and how he did it, it would be a family member. That's the bit that gets me.

Subject now closed. DD is slowly coming back to her old self. I hope you are all well and tolerably happy and relatively pain-free. Off to post some other replies: no doubt you have all missed my pearls of wisdom! Dreamdaisy

And once again, thank you all.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjc123
    tjc123 Member Posts: 139
    Options
    Lovely to have you back DD ((((xxx))))

tjc
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi DD,

Glad your back and feeling a bit better. I think when you get to that point you don't think about the finding side flower so try not to let that cloud you too much. I hope with support and hopefully some counselling his daughter will be ok. Its not a good thing at all but glad your back. ((((( ))))) Luv Cris xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    DaisyD

Well that is good :D

Glad you are a bit better. glad I will be seeing you about again soon

Think that when you are THAT depressed you honestly honestly beleive that evryone would be better off without you.

Love
    and huge hugs

Toni xx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi DD,

thinking of you, hubby and friends.

((((hugs))))

Good to have you back.

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hi DD - glad to see you back - have missed you!
    Tilly x
  • chrissie691
    chrissie691 Member Posts: 50
    Options
    Omg how awful. I'm so sorry to hear that. What a shame for his family.

Thinking of you too
    Chrissie xxx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi DD
    Good to see you back.....that must have been awful for you.
    Don t know what to say so just sending you (((((((())))))))

ove
    Hileen a