Margaret Hills diet

Options
salamander
salamander Member Posts: 1,906
edited 27. May 2010, 17:54 in Living with Arthritis archive
Has anyone tried this? I read a post on another site from someone who said it had worked for her. I've googled it and there is a lot of anecdotal stuff but just wondered if anyone here had personal experience of it. By all accounts it is a quite a restrictive diet.
Sally

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi, I have bumped up an old thread for you.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    ..... and bumped up another old thread too on the subject called "I have given up the Poison".

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    If it worked, we'd all be on it and AC wouldn't exist. You are told to avoid acidic food, but then swig vinegar? Huh?

It may work for those who don't have arthritis but like to think they do. They wouldn't be able to cope with the real thing. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    I tried a diet in the past after reading Dr Dong's book and that one was very similar to Margaret Hills. I was convinced I felt better at first and weight fell off me, unfortunately I wnt below 7stone. I was on it for 4 months (a fair trial) then gave it up because we went on holiday and discovered I felt better on a normal balanced diet than I did on the acid free one :roll: ....and I got back to a healthy weight of 9stone.

I also tried the cider vinegar and honey remedy for hay fever ...it's supposed to be a cure all. That didn't work either. :|

I have tried most things, we all do when we're desperate :|

There's no harm in giving it a try, it may work for you, I wish you good luck.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Sally,

Nice to see you :D

I have tried all manner of diets and not eating certain food.... drunk numerous potions and mixes, waisted a fortune and none of it has made one jot of difference.... wish it was that simple but if you try it I guess it might work for you?

A lot of people do swear by cider vinegar.... it did nothing for me except make me go off vinegar :lol::lol::lol: You take care and if it works well it was worth it. Luv Cris x
  • wibberley
    wibberley Member Posts: 421
    Options
    Hi Sally,

My cousin (who was diagnosed with RA aged 15) tried a similar diet and did in fact feel well enough to come off drugs for a year. However, x-rays showed that although she felt good, there had in fact been permenant joint damage going on.

I did try the cider vinegar/honey concoction.....once. It was vile and I hate to think what it does to your teeth!

I think the best we can all do is eat a healthy and varied diet (says she who's just wolfed down a Dairy Milk!).

Lois x
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm slightly inclined to agree with those who say a balanced diet is the best one but thought I would have a look and see. Interesting what you say about losing too much weight Linda. I have heard today about someone who got very ill on this diet, which is why I thought I would ask you trusted views!

Hi Cris, I'm with you on the cider vinegar even though I haven't tried it yet! Got some in the kitchen but can't quite bring myself to drink it!
    How are you doing by the way? I haven't been posting much as have been feeling down but am more cheerful today - prob because I am in less pain!

Elna, thanks for bumping up posts. I'll take a look.

Hi Lois, that is really interesting what you say about your cousin. I've heard this somewhere else and it is a worry. I tried to explain to someone this who is on a diet and they dismissed it saying the drugs are so bad for you. I'm sorry about your cousin but it is good thing to know.

Will keep you posted but from reading your posts I think I will just be reading the book! A bit like the other one I've got1
    Thanks again.
    Sally