Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Hello so glad I found this site!

loopylouloopylou Posts: 175
edited 28. May 2010, 13:00 in Say Hello Archive
I have said hello on another thread and was advised to start my own hello topic so I have!
I'm 26 and was diagnosed with PA in Oct although suffered with joint problems for years. Was put on a dose of 4 sulphasalazine a day but have recently had this increased to 6 as I was still having a lot of problems with my knee swelling.
My job is quite demanding as I work in a schools out club where we have to set everything up and put everything away morning and night. I adapted how I moved but this has ended up with me getting painful arc syndrome in my shoulder. Am now spending my days between shifts filling out application forms for a new job as I realise I can't carry on how I am. Here's hoping!!!
Just keep plodding along singing a song

Comments

• tillytoptillytop Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Loopylou - love the name! Sorry about your diagnosis but glad you find the forum. You will find that everyone is really friendly and you will find lots of others in a similar situation to share with.
    So welcome - and good luck with the job hunt!
    Love Tilly x
  • loopylouloopylou Posts: 175
    aww thank you tilly! several people at work call me loopy lou so thought it would b a good name to use.
    its nice being able to chat to people and ask advice off people who know what it feels like to ache everyday!
    i often feel that workmates have no idea how i feel and that i'm putting it on.
    loopy :D
    Just keep plodding along singing a song
  • tillytoptillytop Posts: 3,460
    Hi again Loopylou - I know exactly what you mean about thinking people feel you're "putting it on". Only the other day a good friend of mine asked how I was feeling cos she knows I'm going through a rough time at the moment and when I said "like crap" (not my usual turn of phrase but I was unwell and very down), she said to me "well you look good for someone who feels like crap"! I know she meant well and was just trying to be encouraging but it left me feeling like a complete fraud. But you will get lots of advice and general good chit-chat on here from people who really understand. Love Tilly x