shall i go for injections

Options
deborahjane
deborahjane Member Posts: 120
edited 27. May 2010, 15:11 in Living with Arthritis archive
has any one gone from mtx tablets to injections .i have been on tablets for about 10 years and only just started being sick and feeling spaced out.i sopped them 6 weeks ago.just been to docs and she asked how i would feel about injectins.got to ask at rhemmy appointment on the 17 june.is there less side affects with injecting.dont know if i could do it myself :? :)

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I have been on injected meth for ages, with no side effects. I am not allowed to do it myself, much to my irritation as I have done (and do) other jabs, so I have to trek to the hospital every week. I had no benefit from tablet meth, and as far as I can tell, no benefit from injected meth. I feel no worse or better when I miss it (due to infection or holidays) but it is supposed to support the humira.

You won't know until you try, but I think the general consensus is that side effects are less noticeable. If you don't want to inject, you shouldn't have to and if the tablets have been effective it bodes well fot the jabs. Good luck with it. Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dutchess
    dutchess Member Posts: 79
    Options
    has any one gone from mtx tablets to injections .i have been on tablets for about 10 years and only just started being sick and feeling spaced out.i sopped them 6 weeks ago.just been to docs and she asked how i would feel about injectins.got to ask at rhemmy appointment on the 17 june.is there less side affercts with injecting.dont know if i could do it myself :? :)

I went over to the injection early this year after five years on the tablets. I used to get really bad nausea but with the injection this has subsided. I'm currently getting injected once a week by nurse at my surgery but think eventually I'll ask to get trained up by hosp. Apparently its done over three weeks. Think its something you should definately consider and discuss with your rheumy.
    Best of luck
    Kelly
  • tinkerbell3
    tinkerbell3 Member Posts: 13
    Options
    I was on MTX tabs 20mg for about 10 months but didn't work so got switched to injections. After the first appointment with nurse to show me how to do it I did it myself at the hospital the next week and then at home myself after that. I was really worried about doing it myself as I live alone but it was fine I just talked myself through the process. They gave me a home spill kit which has goggles but that was really overkill! Both tabs and injections made me sick and after a further 6 months still wasn't working so now stopped. I was really scared at first but it turned out not to be a big deal.
    Goodluck
  • psyart
    psyart Member Posts: 600
    Options
    Hi - I sawpped to injections last may after horrid nausa for about 5 days a week on tablets. the side effects did get less - but still had nausa for which I took anti-sick tablets - which helped a lot, but not altoghether so now down from 20ml to 10ml and the difference is lovely!! I do the injec myself - was easy to learn and only takes about 20secs at the most!!

If methx worked for you then its worth trying before going onto something new!!

let us know how it goes!!

Louise
    e050.gifo050.gif
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi, I have been injecting myself with MXT for over 2 years, there is nothing to it at all, you just have to vary the sites you use, I find it much better than the tablets, every now and then I feel really tired and nauseous, but on the whole much better love Jaspercatxx