childs dla now going to appeal

nuishka
nuishka Member Posts: 28
edited 28. May 2010, 20:15 in My child has arthritis
hi again everyone not been on for a while the last time i posted i told u all that my daughters claim had went from high to low,december. no change .so i have appealed and got all the paper work through,i havent read as much as my last novel ha ha.so i have got to meet up with wel rights officer in a couple of weeks to go over case.this dla was stopped in december,since then lauren has been back to yorkhill had more steroids only 3 this time as oppposed to 16,have sent all that evidence to both appeal and dwp and kept copy for myself and wel rights officer.the appeal board told me the case is unlikely to be heard before july,i have sent both letters from consultant at hosp and gp,everything i can possibly get as med evidence.is there anything i have missed out if anyone has been through appeal process to give me any tips,cause i have been so stressed getting all this together,and uite frankly i am not giving up now ,as i think that preparing al that was the most stresful bit,just got to get by the appeal date,any advice would be great, love lorraine and lauren,ps do you think i should take her with me on the day and just show them the state of her wee hands,

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    do you think i should take her with me on the day and just show them the state of her wee hands,

Definitely!!! Take some favourite toys and make sure you include some things she can't do without help ... so they see how much she struggles.

CAB on great on helping with DLA forms

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.