24 hour Enbrel miracle! Wow!

slummymummy
slummymummy Member Posts: 69
edited 28. May 2010, 04:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
I just wanted to post to say that I had my first enbrel injection yesterday at 6pm and already my RA symptoms are 50% better! I really can't believe it. Yesterday I was in so much pain that I wanted to curl up and die, literally. Today I feel amazing. It feels like nothing short of a miracle. It still feels like walking on pebbles under my feet, and I've got some pain in all my other joints, but not the constant pain that I've had for two years. I've tried sulphasalazine, methotrexate, and hydroxychloroquine, but none of them had an effect this quickly. My life was totally devastated by PAIN and tiredness, but today I feel like I've been given my life back. It may be too soon to celebrate, but I feel like exploding with gladness. I feel like crying and dancing! The injection was nothing compared to daily constant, unrelenting pain, everywhere. A little needle prick? I didn't even feel it. I couldn't get it fast enough. I know I may be wrong, but I don't know how I could be imagining this feeling of HEALTH. The world looks clearer and I can think again because I'm not fogged by the battle with pain every second. Just wanted to share this with you. I hope this relief lasts for me, and I hope everyone with RA on here finds something similar too.

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I am sooooooooo pleased for you!!!!!!!! This is how I was when I had my first Infliximab infusion - almost an instant miracle! Went in hobbling, came out walking properly and it is a WONDERFUL feeling isn't it? It's great to hear some good news in amongst all the arthur related difficulties we all go through! Please keep us posted on progress. Love Tilly xxx
    PS - exploding's probably not the best idea - would make an awful mess! :lol:
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Hi slummymuumy, I'm so pleased for you it worked like that for a friend of my mums. One day she couldn't move and the day after taking her ANTI-tnf she was a lot better.

Julie x
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • dolittle
    dolittle Member Posts: 240
    I'm delighted for you. Know how it feels - it was the same after my first Humira injection. Great, isn't it. Don't overdo it now!
    I dreaded doing the injection but it's only a little discomfort for half a minute ..... and the benefits!
    Stay well. Great news.
    Do
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    It is fabulous, isn't it? I remember my first anti TNF, infliximab. Walked in on two sticks, walked out with none. They are wonderful drugs - long may you feel the benefit. I am so pleased for you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • slummymummy
    Thanks everyone. Yes, I've been feeling so scrumdiddlydumptious all afternoon that I've been outside playing with a friend and her 18 month little girl, lifting her in and out of the paddling pool. I know!!! :D But the weird thing is, I was still able to do a little boogie woogie in the lounge, to the Eurovision entries on TV, with my 3-year-old before he went into bed. Normally after doing something like that I would be glued to the sofa all evening. My little one said, 'Mummy, you moved so fast!' He's only ever known me virtually crawling around everywhere. What a sweetie. I'm so happy for him. He's going to be amazed by his new Super-mummy..... I will try to stop myself overdoing it tomorrow though. :oops: :lol: :shock: Thanks guys. xxxxxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I don't want to rain on your parade but please be cautious. It is working wonders and that is good, but arthritis is an insidious little beast and it will fight back. Enjoy it, though! I am pleased for you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • anniek
    anniek Member Posts: 39
    Awe thats brilliant news :D
  • slummymummy
    I hope this relief lasts for me, and I hope everyone with RA on here finds something similar too.

Hope, hope, hope. It's a little word, but really it's a massive thing to have. I'm going to keep hold of my 'hope' for a little bit longer. xxxxx
  • wibberley
    wibberley Member Posts: 421
    Hiya Slummymummy, I am sooo pleased for you - it's great reading such positive posts and your kids must be thrilled at having such a happy mum!

Lois x
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    This is brilliant news for you. I bet you are a bit overwhelmed with how well you feel.

Wish it was the same for me, enbrel hasn't worked for me, but hey ho.

Good luck

Janie
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi,
    What a great treat for you, to find a drug that is working for you must be fantastic!!! :D I really am very pleased for you and your family and I hope that you enjoy the bank holiday. Maybe a bit of a celibration! :wink:
    Love Sue