repeat prescriptions

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 28. May 2010, 16:09 in Community Chit-chat archive
ok put in slips for repeat prescriptions wanted 5 things so ticked these and not the ones do not want
ie stomach protectors
hrt
but when mum picked them up from chemist yes you got it there were seven items.

the other month decided to order on line now had been given pass word so went on sight filled form in and sent it in, did not ask me for pass word so decided to look through sight and found section to use pass word on so re did prescription but put message on bottom telling what had happened and guess what ended up with two prescriptions what going on lol
val

Comments

• snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Val :lol: didn't know you could order them on line, wonder if mine do it.

Julie xx
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Oh, Val, memories of my old surgery.........they were the pits! Given me wrong meds twice, lost the repeat form several times, substituted different meds/brands when it clearly specifies which I am to be given and as for ordering my inhalers - I can't bear to remember the hassle! Oh, and once when they lost the repeat list they phoned to tell me so and ask me to take another one in, which I did. Yeah, you guessed it, I got two lots!

OK, I know what I am doing and can cope (just about) but then the pharmacy decided to get in on the funny act and started messing me about too - when I was given someone else's collection one morning I just about hit the ceiling and had to be pulled down by the manager!

It must be a terrible situation for anyone there who is more confuddled than I am (if such a thing is possible). I just hope they don't between them make a really dire mistake.

Annie
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I tick the ones I want in green ink, cross out the ones I don't in red, list the required items (in green) on the back of the envelope that I put in at the docs. I do not trust the dozy receptionists/dozy on-duty doctor to get my request correct. I keep a record of what I have ordered in my Dairy Diary (very useful book, that) and tick it off when the prescription arrives. I work on the basis that they are all stupid (and cannot read). Since I took this approach everything has been correct. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I tick the ones I want in green ink, cross out the ones I don't in red, list the required items (in green) on the back of the envelope that I put in at the docs. I do not trust the dozy receptionists/dozy on-duty doctor to get my request correct. I keep a record of what I have ordered in my Dairy Diary (very useful book, that) and tick it off when the prescription arrives. I work on the basis that they are all stupid (and cannot read). Since I took this approach everything has been correct. DD

that good tip will remember it they suposed to be educated but do wonder some days at least i pre pay so not out of pocket but now have 8 months of hrt and 3 1/2 boxes of stomache protectors only need when not eating proper lol
    val
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    I used to order mine online & had no problems with it.
    But as i have several problems & mobility is bad my chemist are so good to me, They now do my repeats.
    they ordered my 1st prescrption,then i went into collect it. I now just tick the boxes for what i need, they then order it & bag it up ready for collection each month.
    Ive never had a problem yet.
    debs ( who shouldnt have said that as bad luck follows me around)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,470
    Options
    Derrr!!!

Val - good job you are not thick and havent taken a double dose eh?

I think a monthly prescription is not enough....does my head in running here there and everywhere - never seem to relax about them :(

Love Toni xx
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    oh for the days when you just popped into surgery to order and that afternoon picked it up. Mine has now changed so you have to wait 2 days..got to anticipate well in advance when youre near to running out.,
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    I always order online, just this week they messed up, but it was sorted very quickly and they had everything done in 4 hours, not the usual 48 hours, as they say. It can be done, as it used to be, drop it in by 10, collect it by 4. Those where the days eh. :roll:
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,470
    Options
    oneday wrote:
    oh for the days when you just popped into surgery to order and that afternoon picked it up. Mine has now changed so you have to wait 2 days..got to anticipate well in advance when youre near to running out.,

Same here and if you order wednesday you might not get em till MONDAY!!!!

and If you try to order EARLY!!!! Well - you have to let them know (almost) in triplicate why! :roll:

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It's all a matter of record keeping - I note in the DD when I get new meds and work out when they are due to start running low, then mark the appropriate date. That then prompts me to send in the order at the right time when I reach the relevant page of the diary. I have to do The Husband's as well: so far, so good, nothing has gone wrong. It's a bore chore tho. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    Options
    only have to look at the prescription to see when they due next as they put it on there it big help lol
    val
  • pluggathome
    pluggathome Member Posts: 171
    Options
    Repeat prescriptions....grrrrr....got to pick mine up tomorrow, wonder what i get this time! They are one more mistake away from a formal complaint my place.

The docs are fabuloso, it's just the repeatscript bit that very rarely goes right.

Plugxx