Eden Project

elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 1. Jun 2010, 11:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
I am holidaying in september this year and planning to visit the Eden Project. I looked at the website and think you have to pre book mobility scooters/wheelchairs 2 weeks in advance. Can anyone tell me if this is what you have to do? Also could not see about parking there how good/bad it is for use disabled badge holders?

Cheers
Elaine

Comments

• englishrose
    englishrose Member Posts: 99
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I am holidaying in september this year and planning to visit the Eden Project. I looked at the website and think you have to pre book mobility scooters/wheelchairs 2 weeks in advance. Can anyone tell me if this is what you have to do? Also could not see about parking there how good/bad it is for use disabled badge holders?

Cheers
    Elaine
    Hi Elaine
    Sorry cannot help about mobility scooter etc. but can say the carparking is enormous but some of it is a fair way from the enterance. Do hpe you get scooter booked and have a lovely day.
    Best wishes
    Jane
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Sorry Elaine, I can't help you there. Most places where I have borrowed a scooter say book one if you don't want to be disappointed. I'd just ring them for a chat, they should be able to advise about the parking too.

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi elaine

When I was lats there they had LOADS and I mean LOADs of 'em - they pride themselves in having them.

So I would get on the phone and book yourself one.

You will love it.

Love

Toni xx (who has beeen about three/four times :roll: )
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Sorry cant help you about the Eden project but I know if I go anywhere on my own {cant manage to take my own "paddymobile"] I have to hire one and always have to book in advance
    Get on the phone to them

Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Elaine
    I went around 3 years ago now,so didnt need the parking or scooter,but my friend has just come back,she booked her scooter, and there is loads of parking disabled being nearer.
    I hope you have a really lovely time there.It is well worth a visit
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • tanith
    tanith Member Posts: 175
    If you are going to Eden don't forget that Heligan gardens is a short way away and honestly we enjoyed it more than Eden and it was less crowded..
    Our worst times are always our best lessons.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Elaine,

The disabled parking is just behind the tractor lifts and is always manned by one of the stewards. they have huge amounts of wheelchairs but you may have to pre book the buggies cus they do get a fair bit of demand at times.

It is fairly disabled friendly there and they do, as Toni said, pride them selves on their ability to help you enjoy your day. Hey if you go past my gate wave :wink: Cris x
  • elainebadknee
    Thanks a lot for that tip Tanith, maybe if it looks to manic at Eden can go there instead.....

:-)Elaine
    tanith wrote:
    If you are going to Eden don't forget that Heligan gardens is a short way away and honestly we enjoyed it more than Eden and it was less crowded..
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Cris

Well thats good to know, i mean im going with someone but wouldnt expect them to wheel me about all day, poor love would be exhausted!!!! Looks like will have to pre book n be organised for a change.....

Will wave as tootling by...... :mrgreen:

Elaine
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Elaine,

The disabled parking is just behind the tractor lifts and is always manned by one of the stewards. they have huge amounts of wheelchairs but you may have to pre book the buggies cus they do get a fair bit of demand at times.

It is fairly disabled friendly there and they do, as Toni said, pride them selves on their ability to help you enjoy your day. Hey if you go past my gate wave :wink: Cris x
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Toni

Lol so they got loads have they??? Can i pick my own colour n style??? No seriously thank i will book in advance.....

Ta

Elaine
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi elaine

When I was lats there they had LOADS and I mean LOADs of 'em - they pride themselves in having them.

So I would get on the phone and book yourself one.

You will love it.

Love

Toni xx (who has beeen about three/four times :roll: )
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Del,

Oh it gets some busy.... some of us go into rant mode over the lanes :lol::lol::lol: I tell you.... best not eh? :lol::lol::lol::lol: Cris x

Hi Elaine,

I don't know if its still the case but a mate of mine used to work there and they had people to push the wheel chairs so give them a ring (better than emails) and they will help you as much as they can.

Hey see if you can see the lizards cus they sometimes are here as well..... I haven't gone in for a while but they say the new bioam is good..... Me I like the tropical one cus of the heat and the waterfall..... I also trying to work out how the sheep sculptures could ft in a pocket :wink:

You enjoy it and as Tanith said halligan is only 10 miles from Eden. Cris x
  • elainebadknee
    Um thanks I think delboy.....put me right off now..........

elaine
    delboy wrote:
    Be prepared to be crushed to death and try not to pick a rainy day else you will suffer from an overload of people and kids.

I found it very exhausting, especially in the tropical zone where it was too hot for me.

Eating there is a nightmare too.

Apart from that it's an enjoyable experience. :lol:
  • tanith
    tanith Member Posts: 175

elaine

elaine September shouldn't be too bad as the kids will be back at school , we also got there for opening time and it was quite quiet till lunch time.. we took a pack lunch with us as we hate queuing for food...
    delboy wrote:
    Be prepared to be crushed to death and try not to pick a rainy day else you will suffer from an overload of people and kids.

I found it very exhausting, especially in the tropical zone where it was too hot for me.

Our worst times are always our best lessons.
  • elainebadknee
    Thanks Tanith....

Well think will go early as my other half is a right early bird so may just get myself out of bed and go early as you say.....Have confession to make too.....I have never driven a mobility scooter before....My arthritis has just gotten bad recently and I can walk for about 15 mins but cannot walk long distances....So im gonna be a novice too.....Good thinking re kids not being at school, i always forget when hols are and of course some are regional aint they?

Elaine
    tanith wrote:

elaine

elaine September shouldn't be too bad as the kids will be back at school , we also got there for opening time and it was quite quiet till lunch time.. we took a pack lunch with us as we hate queuing for food...
    delboy wrote:

• elainebadknee
    Hi Cris

Well i have me own little helper in form of my other half but will try to get a scooter.......
    I love lizards n frogs (tried to find one on here for an "avatar"????thought that were jusst a queer film????).....but had to make do with a green fish that looked slightly froggy!!!! Anyway i will be there lizard spotting !!!

Ta...

Elaine
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Del,

Oh it gets some busy.... some of us go into rant mode over the lanes :lol::lol::lol: I tell you.... best not eh? :lol::lol::lol::lol: Cris x

Hi Elaine,

I don't know if its still the case but a mate of mine used to work there and they had people to push the wheel chairs so give them a ring (better than emails) and they will help you as much as they can.

Hey see if you can see the lizards cus they sometimes are here as well..... I haven't gone in for a while but they say the new bioam is good..... Me I like the tropical one cus of the heat and the waterfall..... I also trying to work out how the sheep sculptures could ft in a pocket :wink:

You enjoy it and as Tanith said halligan is only 10 miles from Eden. Cris x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    You can walk for 15 minutes? That's 11 minutes longer than me, even with stabilisers. I am so jealous.

Seriously, if you do manage to get there, have a wonderful time. I've heard it's a fantastic place, so drive the scooter and enjoy.

Rregarding the scooter, go to a mobility place and say you are thinking of getting one, let them teach you what to do for free! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • elainebadknee
    Hi dreamdaisy

Well yes i can wallk for 15 mins but my dad who's 78 can go like roadrunner and circle me twice over, i mean i go dead slow n sometimes stop cos my knee gives way but i try while i still can......I know im not as bad as others, but my condition has deteriorated since last year 80%.....
    Suppose could go to mobility place n say am thinking of getting one, or hire one for an afternoon....
    Thanks for advice..
    Elaine
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    You can walk for 15 minutes? That's 11 minutes longer than me, even with stabilisers. I am so jealous.

Seriously, if you do manage to get there, have a wonderful time. I've heard it's a fantastic place, so drive the scooter and enjoy.

Rregarding the scooter, go to a mobility place and say you are thinking of getting one, let them teach you what to do for free! DD