Options
2»

Comments

• marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi folks

It is very interesting comparing our different experiences! It's 4 weeks today for me and I seem to be having a slight improvement every 2-3 days now - which I am pleased about .. (I cheer myself up by thinking what my new hip/leg felt like 4 weeks ago, 3 weeks ago, 2 weeks ago, etc, )....

I am kind-of aiming to return to work after 8-10 weeks, even though I won't be able to drive them, but will have to wait and see how things are... (I had 5 months sick leave 2 years ago when I developed RA, so I am a bit sensitive about being off again!!)

Well done Speedalong for getting to the park - I haven't managed that far yet.

Let us know how you get on tomorrow Hileena.

Best wishes

Marion
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Marion, it is heartening if you can keep seeing improvements isn't it?

I keep comparing my op to last times - which is VERY heartening!!

Wow I aim to be off work for MUCH longer than you - I teach children with special needs - it is physically (and mentally) challenging and you don't stop all day - I love it though. I also know that if I go back to early I wont be able to observe the restrictions and could easily do myself a mischief. What do you do? Are you going back phased return? I would strongly recommend you thought about it.

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.