need advice on where to go next

Options
rosemary45
rosemary45 Member Posts: 5
Hi
I have inflamatry athritis for about 6 years now, i get so sick of it all.
on so many tablets /salazopyrin/prednisolone/methotrexate to name a few, feel like a pin cushion with blood tests every month.
i cannot work as i take one day at a time and never know whats in store for the next day, cost me a fortune in prescriptions.
problem i have is i cant seem to get any help from any where(money wise i mean), so that is causing me alot of stress and making me worse.
please can anyone point me in right direction.
thank you

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Rosemary - and welcome to the forum. I know that someone from Helpline will get back to you but, in the meantime, if you re-post your message on the "Living with Arthritis" and "Working Matters" forum lots more folks will see it and I am sure that you will get some good advice. Do you have a prescription pre-payment card? They cost about £100 ish per year but, if you take a lot of meds that can still save you a lot of money because you then don't pay anything more for any meds during the time that the card is valid. I think you can pay six monthly, or even monthly so you don't have to fork out so much money at one time. You can find out about the card by typing “Prescription Prepayment” into your search engine. I can’t help in terms of benefits but If you click onto the “Publications and Resources” section of this site there are some info booklets about benefits which may be helpful.
    Love Tilly x
  • mightymam
    mightymam Member Posts: 38
    Options
    Hi Rosemary I get pre payment perscriptions I pay £10.40 a month. Have you tried to see if you entitled to any DLA.
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Rosemary and welcome to the forum :D

I've posted this link to the benefits page of AC which has lots of useful info on a range of benefits that hopefully you may be able to claim. I hope this link will help you until the helpline peeps get back tomorrow.

http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/PublicationsandResources/Workindependence/Benefits

It might also be a good idea to make an appointment with CAB; their advisers will talk through your circumstances with you and will know what entitlements you have & assist in completing any forms. If you are working age? you could also phone the Disability Employment Adviser for your area; they will discuss what support can be offered / disability benefits that might be available. ...you can contact them by phoning your local jobcentreplus office.

let us know how you get on...we are here for you and will help if we can. Iris x
  • rosemary45
    rosemary45 Member Posts: 5
    Options
    dorcas wrote:
    Hi Rosemary and welcome to the forum :D

I've posted this link to the benefits page of AC which has lots of useful info on a range of benefits that hopefully you may be able to claim. I hope this link will help you until the helpline peeps get back tomorrow.

http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/PublicationsandResources/Workindependence/Benefits

It might also be a good idea to make an appointment with CAB; their advisers will talk through your circumstances with you and will know what entitlements you have & assist in completing any forms. If you are working age? you could also phone the Disability Employment Adviser for your area; they will discuss what support can be offered / disability benefits that might be available. ...you can contact them by phoning your local jobcentreplus office.

let us know how you get on...we are here for you and will help if we can. Iris x

hi
    thank you all so much for help and advice am going to try dla first, never thought i would as my daughter gets dla as she is deaf .
    will be in touych let you know.
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,508
    Options
    Dear Rosemary,

Sorry for the delay in replying but we were very busy and short staffed yesterday. The key to applying for benefits is to make sure that a welfare rights advisor checks over the application before you submit it (to find one see if social services have a welfare rights service, or google your nearest Dial Uk branch or CAB.

The process of applying may feel quite gloomy, so be prepared for that, and use the forum and us if you find the support helpful during this testing time.

all the best
    Guy