Going to see the company Dr

Options
Hi all
I'm new to this. Can anyone help me as I have to go to see my company Dr next week Tuesday, as last year Oct I was told I had Ulcerative Colitis which has afected my joints and I was told I have Enteropathic arthritis if anyone know of it as I can not find any information on it. and they have put me on Methotrexate to take every Friday. I am in pain every day I live on Co-dydramol so I can pust myself to go to work. I must say that my manager had stood me down from my serivce controllers duty and put me on admin and now he want to keep me on the admin side of it and this is mosely because of the UC as I do have to go to the toilet alot.
Can anyone please let me know what the process is ? and what I should expect.
Regards
Debbie

Comments

• debbie_styleshotmailco
    debbie_styleshotmailco Member Posts: 4
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    Hi Debbie and welcome to the forum.

Firstly write down the questions you want to ask the company doctor and see if you can get a union rep to go with you. If the Dr knows what he's doing he should refer you to occupational health who will assess your condition and suggest equipment that will enable you top keep working.

THIS is a good read as to what occupational health will do for you.

Can't help with the type of Arthur you have but someone will be along to answer you.

Please keep us advised how you get on next week.

Hi Delboy

Thank you for getting back and I will do that and fill you in later after I have been seen.
    Regards Debbie
  • debbie_styleshotmailco
    debbie_styleshotmailco Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Been to see the company drotor it was all good don't know what I was worry about!!! :)
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Been to see the company drotor it was all good don't know what I was worry about!!! :)

That must be a relief. Nice to know he is a good 'un. Take care.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.