Holiday Insurance

Options
joyful164
joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
I was wondering if the Helpline could give me any advise on holiday insurance for Norway. Going for 4 weeks.
2 quotes that we have had started at £142 then they added on £71 for myself and another £70 for my husband because he had a heart attack 7 - 8 yrs ago.
At the moment I am pretty ok, but as soon as we started ticking all the boxes and "was I getting any hospital treatments and waiting for results etc. etc. " e.g. I have recently had an injection in my shoulder for a trapped nerve because I have difficulty moving my arm and have a numb finger. My back is not causing this, but they were adamant that I must have back problems. I told them that I had had Xrays for my hips, back and neck and that apart from wear and tear in my neck, my bones didn't look too bad. In other words, I didn't need any ops, joint replacement.

Are AC able to advise on any health insurance and who to go to.

£300 is far too much to pay

Joy

Comments

• Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    HI Joy,

just remembered seeing an ad last night on the TV for holiday insurance specially for peeps with medical conditions. Afraid I can't remember any details, but you might find it if you did a search, or just sit and watch ITV all night tonight :oops: :wink:

not sure I helped :wink:
    Wonky xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    try the post office you can find it online and see if they add much for you good luck val
    val
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,508
    Options
    joyful164 wrote:
    I was wondering if the Helpline could give me any advise on holiday insurance for Norway. Going for 4 weeks.
    2 quotes that we have had started at £142 then they added on £71 for myself and another £70 for my husband because he had a heart attack 7 - 8 yrs ago.
    Joy

Hi Joy - one of us will PM you on Monday with a reply - or you can ring us 0808 800 4050 to speak to one of the team direct or email Helplines@arthritiscare.org.uk
    Tho we don't advise - we have information we can send you.
    Norway is absolutely stunning - have a good trip.
    Penn
  • joyful164
    Options
    valval wrote:
    try the post office you can find it online and see if they add much for you good luck val
    We have had insurance with them before, which was about £85 for the year, that's going back awhile. Were very helpful when we had the business of getting Jim home after his heart attack. I can only try them and see but still think it was be heavily loaded at the end of the day, but thanks
    Joy
  • joyful164
    Options
    joyful164 wrote:
    Joy

Hi Joy - one of us will PM you on Monday with a reply - or you can ring us 0808 800 4050 to speak to one of the team direct or email Helplines@arthritiscare.org.uk
    Tho we don't advise - we have information we can send you.
    Norway is absolutely stunning - have a good trip.
    Penn

Thanks very much.
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,508
    Options
    joyful164 wrote:
    At the moment I am pretty ok, but as soon as we started ticking all the boxes and "was I getting any hospital treatments and waiting for results etc. etc. " e.g. I have recently had an injection in my shoulder for a trapped nerve because I have difficulty moving my arm and have a numb finger. My back is not causing this, but they were adamant that I must have back problems. I told them that I had had Xrays for my hips, back and neck and that apart from wear and tear in my neck, my bones didn't look too bad. In other words, I didn't need any ops, joint replacement.

£300 is far too much to pay

Joy

Dear Joy

Thank you for your posting. Though we don’t recommend any specific organizations for insurance we have an information sheet that provides details of insurers for pre-existing conditions. If you want to call us and give us your details then we can send you this information by post. Or you can email us your address on Helplines@arthritiscare.org.uk and we will send you this information. I hope this is helpful.

Best Wishes
    Dawn
  • joyful164
    Options
    I would like to thank Nick and everyone else for helping with my travel insurance.
    The only other quote that my husband got was for £380, which was really expensive.
    I have now found another company, which is the first one on the list you sent me. I don't think I'm allowed to say the name, but after putting all our medical problems in, the quote came to £135.
    Quite a difference. my husband was all set to pay there and then, because it takes so long each time usually, to answer all the questions and usually, you have answered everything correctly, it will then spit it all out and say "sorry, uninsurable."
    In this instance, the questions were easy and simple to answer and very brief.
    Again thank you for your assistance.
    Joy