hello i'm new too!

roses1
roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
edited 24. Jun 2010, 10:53 in Say Hello Archive
Hello , my name is Rose im 48 been suffering in silence for years! (probably since i was 18) was finally 'diagnosed' 6years ago with OA it has been getting worse over the years seems to be everywhere and i'm dam sick of it. I got a rheumy app soon and i hope he will wave a majic wand over me and make it all go away! I was really pleased when i found this site full of information and you all know how i feel because you all feel it too,shame the doctors don't have it they may be more understanding! Hope everyone feels good today :D

Comments

• janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Rosie

I have answered your post about the AC group in CAnnock. But good to meet you. Are you going to Cannock hospital? I see Dr Mulherin who is lovely.

Look forward to seeing you around the forum.

I'm Janie, 38 & I've had RA for 15 years. It's taking it's toll now though, off work on long term sick.

Janie
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Hi Rosie

A warm welcome from me.

The people on here are very friendly and nice to know.

We try to support one another with advice and tips we pick up.

I hope to see you around the Forums.

Trish xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    hi rosie welcome sorry arther has bit you but we will help you fight back
    c030.gif

mind you we not always very good at it but can listen when times are good or bad val
    val
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hi Rose and welcome from me too! Sorry you are having such a tough time but glad your rheumy appt is soon. You are in good company and will get lots of advice and support here. Love Tilly x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Rosie
    A very warm welcome from me, you have come to the right place, the people on here are so friendly and very supportive.
    I am also waiting for my first rheumy appointment, I did get one a couple of weeks ago but they cancelled.
    Hope yours goes well dont forget to write everything down before you go ie symptoms and any questions.
    Good luck
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • roses1
    Hi all,
    thankyou for all the kind words, sorry its took a while to reply i have been on my holidays :D glad to meet you all too and hope you are not feeling too much pain x
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Hi Rosie

On holiday?? Without taking us :shock: Now that is not allowed. :wink:

Nice to see you back again and hope to see you around the Forums, soon

Trish xxx
  • roses1
    janie68 wrote:
    Hi Rosie

I have answered your post about the AC group in CAnnock. But good to meet you. Are you going to Cannock hospital? I see Dr Mulherin who is lovely.

Look forward to seeing you around the forum.

I'm Janie, 38 & I've had RA for 15 years. It's taking it's toll now though, off work on long term sick.

Janie

Hi Janie
    good to meet you too!
    I am due to see Dr Mulherin tomorrow , hope he has a majic wand for me :) My mom sees him aswell .
  • songbird
    songbird Member Posts: 13
    Hi Rose

Welcome from another newby. You're lucky to get an appointment with OA, I've been refused several times now. Look forward to hearing how you get on, and if he does have a magic wand!

Songbird x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    HI Rose

I dont know how I missed you, but i am so sorry.

Good to meet you - I hope you will soon feel at home here and find this site as helpful as I have

Love

Toni xx
  • roses1
    Hi Toni,

Thats ok, you found me now lol, nice to meet you too! I do beleive you are a fellow Cannockian! This site is very useful been looking on it for a few weeks and decided it was time to join in, wish i had seen it before, like years ago!
    Hope your having a good day

Rose x
  • roses1
    Hi songbird,
    I first saw a rheumy 6 years ago who basically said nothing can be done, i was supposed to have been sent an appointment to get some splints 5 YEARS later still hadnt arrived! went to docs told him then got refferred but you only have 3 months to see if you need to go back ( cut a long story short ) i have been suffering in silence and when i went to doc he was pretty useless and did nothing only said i should live in a warmer country! and i am sick of it so went back to docs got him to refer me to rheumy for x-rays and the OT for the splints to be more supportive i have to have some sort of treatment and i need to know the extent of damage and how to stop further damage . If they would only tell you this information on your first visit it would save so much worry and resources!
    Insist you need treatment, x-rays etc if you are refused again ask for a second opinion, change DR im sure someone on here will be able to help with what to do.

Rose x
  • frogmorton
    roses1 wrote:
    Hi Toni,

Thats ok, you found me now lol, nice to meet you too! I do beleive you are a fellow Cannockian! This site is very useful been looking on it for a few weeks and decided it was time to join in, wish i had seen it before, like years ago!
    Hope your having a good day

Rose x

Well i never!!

You from here too?? Did I just see you in tesco?? :wink:

Now I can hear your accent too :wink:

You been to the A/c meets at CCHopst??

Love

Toni xx
  • roses1
    Hi Toni,

Yup that was me in Tesco lol!

Not been to the AC yet, i only knew about it reading the threads so i am thinking about it. Are you going?
    Hope you are having a good day today!

Rose x
  • frogmorton
    Hi Rosie

Janie went last time and i think the next is coming up soon week sat and I was planning on joining Rosie - sure you could come along too :D

Love

Toni xx