She even vacuued the walls!!

Options
speedalong
speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
edited 15. Jun 2010, 08:10 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi, I know Iris is under the impression that my house is spotless because I blitzed it before I went into my op ... but it is actually just how you would expect a house of someone who lives with arther, a young person with ASD and who works almost fulltime ...

Well now I'm living with hip restrictions - it is even worse!! So I asked a friend if she knew anyone who would be willing to be my home help for a bit ... to give me a hand - well she thought of someone and they started today!!

Blimey - this is someone who loves cleaning and has a body joints that let her do what she wants. I'm not used to sitting around doing nothing whilst others are busy - so I did the non bending bits and she did the rest!! She even vacuued the walls?! I mean the walls?!

She is coming again next Monday ...

Worth every penny ... though I'm exhausted - just from watching and helping!!

Speedy
I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    OMG!!!!!!

Think you got a good un there Speedy :shock:

So long as she doesn't make you feel like you got to clean BEFORE she comes like my ex MIL used to :wink:

Love Toni xx
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Would she be willing to travel to Derby? :wink:

Vaccuum the walls? Erm, should we all be doing that?! The most mine get is a swipe if I spy a cobweb and can be bothered...

Nx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Muddy dog prints???

On Walls??

Take the specs OFF my girl!!!

What about Daisy's feathers and slug- leftovers???

Toni xx
  • speedalong
    Options
    Hi, I told her she should set up her own business!! :idea:

No way Toni, will I be cleaning before her visit ... though I will be feeling guilty as the place gets back to normal again ...

:shock: :roll: :?

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Normal is good :D

Daisy is a beautiful kitty

I promise :)

Love

toni xx

and Daisy - who also eats spiders so you see how lovely she is :D
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I have a wonderful cleaner, I've had her for years. She's a little temperamental but my word she is thorough. I could not be without her now, but the one thing she never does is vacuum the lampshades. I do that bit, once a month or so. They're all cream so you can see the dust being lifted away. It's very therapeutic. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • speedalong
    Options
    My first cleaner many years ago, when S was young ... was an alcoholic ... she got VERY drunk on MY red wine!! Not had one since ... until needs must. But imagine going to school and coming home and the house spotless!!

How are those lampshades?!

Speedy
  • frogmorton
    Options
    You know she's right about those lampshades Speedy

I got some cream ones too and it DOES make you feel GOOD!! :wink:

LOve

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    They are due a vacuum next week. I am looking forward to it! DD
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Do you vac patterns in em?

AND

does it lighten the room up?

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    No, I'm not that sad and yes, it does, remarkably. There's one behind the sofa that I really struggle to reach - that gets done every three/four months or so and it makes a huge difference when I'm trying to read by it! Blasted earth-preserving gloom bulbs. DD
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    excuse me vacking lamp shades and walls what is this world coming to i need a cleaner that for sure i thought feather duster good enough for walls oh well live with three men they will never know if they been hoovered or not they never notice especialy while football is on lol
    val
  • speedalong
    Options
    valval wrote:
    excuse me vacking lamp shades and walls what is this world coming to i need a cleaner that for sure i thought feather duster good enough for walls oh well live with three men they will never know if they been hoovered or not they never notice especialy while football is on lol

Ooohhh! :idea: :shock: :roll: Maybe if I'd feather dusted them - she wouldn't need to vac 'em?!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I'd rather "play" with Surj/stroke the cat/potter in the garden/chat to you lot/read ... :!: :!: :!:

Wonder is she'll vac them next week? :?: :!: :?: :!:

Speedy
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Speedy

You have found someone good. She could start her own cleaning business. She could make a fortune.

Glad that she has made you feel hapy speedy.

Trish xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    you keep her sounds great but do not let her in her she would run a mile i just stick my nose in a book or take glasses off works every time lol
    val
  • cthornley
    cthornley Member Posts: 627
    Options
    lol she sounds great
    we got a cleaner a few years ago following the realisation that there wasn't enough hours in life to work full time, overtime etc and have RA and keep on top of all the housework
    We employ a small local company tho and we get a selection of girls altho its usually the same group of 2 or 3 so they know where everything is and what needs doing, they are generally consistent however some are better than others....one colour coordinates my handbags and shoes in the hall cupboard!!!
    I can't be about when they are in as it makes me dead uncomfortable so when I was on maternity leave it was a nightmare and come rain or shine on a tuesday morning I would make myself and baby scarce
    I still hate the idea but its the only way anything like the floors / bath / shower would get cleaned / hoovered as there is no way i could manage even if I had the time...which now i'm a full time working mum ensures i don't....even if there were 25hrs a day it wouldn't be enough!
    Chrissie
  • speedalong
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    Speedy

You have found someone good. She could start her own cleaning business. She could make a fortune.

Glad that she has made you feel hapy speedy.

Trish xx

That's what I told her Trisher. It did make me happy to have the house looking clean again.
    :D:D:D:D

Speedy
  • speedalong
    Options
    valval wrote:
    you keep her sounds great but do not let her in her she would run a mile i just stick my nose in a book or take glasses off works every time lol

Val - that is what I do when at school - but stuck home most of the day on hip restrictions ... it is harder to ignore!!

I take my glasses off when the cat brings me in a present that needs sorting - and step 2 is I use a long handled dustpan with a bag on and a long handled broom ....

Speedy
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    speedalong wrote:
    My first cleaner many years ago, when S was young ... was an alcoholic ... she got VERY drunk on MY red wine!! Not had one since ... until needs must. But imagine going to school and coming home and the house spotless!!

How are those lampshades?!

Speedy

Hi Speedy
    My ironing girl had the phone permanently clamped to her ear. She had loads of calls and she would say" nothing just working" and carry on talking for ages. And she would nip onto facebook on my laptop as well. I have just had a request for a reference for her new job!
    I do my own ironing nowadays.
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • speedalong
    Options
    Hi Chrissie, I wouldn't mind her carrying on once I got back to work ... but not sure she'd want to ,... could ask her though. I struggle to fit everything in and that is before I even factor in the limitations of arther ...

I helped because I felt uncomfy her cleaning whilst I sat down ... my only other option would be to go out ... come rain or shine on my scooter ... but the nurse was also due and you never know what time...

The handbags and shoes thing made me laugh. My previous and shortlived alcoholic cleaner used to spend ages lining up all S's teddies etc ... he is ASD and although they looked great - he preferred them all stuffed under the duvet ... and I'd rather she did a bit more hoovering or wiping down thanks!!

Speedy
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    You have found a treasure. Once you are sure that she is honest as she is good, HANG ON TO HER FOR DEAR LIFE. The difference it makes to one's life is amazing. The greatest benefit is that I am left with energy to do what I want to do, not what I have to do. When my girl is here, waving her magic cleaning wand, I retire to my office and communicate with you lot - I look and sound busy! Believe me, you soon get used to sitting about and reading while your paid slave works around you. You seem to have found a good'un speedy - think what a difference she could make. DD
  • speedalong
    edited 15. Jun 2010, 08:14
    Options
    Hi Speedy
    My ironing girl had the phone permanently clamped to her ear. She had loads of calls and she would say" nothing just working" and carry on talking for ages. And she would nip onto facebook on my laptop as well. I have just had a request for a reference for her new job!
    I do my own ironing nowadays.

How cheeky!! I hope you wrote, pay her for the number of shirts and not by the hour!!!

Speedy

PS I did once try employing a friend's daughter as a cleaner, over the summer hols - more as a favour to her really. I left her cleaning with a detailed list but when I came home she was sat in the kitchen madly texing away ! She told me she had finished everything ... but clearly hadn't ... unlike my new lady who loves cleaning - she only loved being paid - oh yeah - and texting!!
  • speedalong
    Options
    quote]You have found a treasure. Once you are sure that she is honest as she is good, HANG ON TO HER FOR DEAR LIFE. The difference it makes to one's life is amazing. The greatest benefit is that I am left with energy to do what I want to do, not what I have to do. [/quote]
    Oh so true, wise one!!
    When my girl is here, waving her magic cleaning wand, I retire to my office and communicate with you lot - I look and sound busy! Believe me, you soon get used to sitting about and reading while your paid slave works around you. You seem to have found a good'un speedy - think what a difference she could make. DD
    Good plan - once we've done it together a couple of times so I can show her the ropes ... that is a good idea ... and she'll probably get more done without me chatting to her!!

Speedy