Operation Day Today

Options
malc7747
malc7747 Member Posts: 73
edited 18. Jun 2010, 05:59 in Community Chit-chat archive
Morning everyone,

Haven't been around for a while for lots of reasons apart from internet problems.

Well its operation day today on my right shoulder for my arthritis. :) Not sure when they will get around for my left one which is as bad, but you have to start some where :lol:

Feeling a bit anxious about he operation but feel ready to go and get it sorted.

Will ley you know how it goes - if I can type left handed.

bye for now and hope you all keep well.

Malc :):)

Comments

• mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Malc, just wanted to say good luck for your op, hope all goes well and you have a speedy recovery. Best wishes, Brenda :)
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    good luck. sure you will manage to type left might take longer but you will get there not sure if have posted with you before as so many people on here tend to forget. sending (((hugs))) incase you need any after val
    val
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Just to wish you well, Malc, with your shoulder operation. Do let us know how you get on.

Here's to a speedy recovery, :)

Best wishes,
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Oh Malc :(

I wish you all the luck in teh world.

Get back on as soon as you can - we will all be waiting to hear how you get on.

I promise we will not expect huge epistles from you :D

Thinking of you

Love

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Malc
    Hope the operations goes well, and that the pain does a runner for you, let us know how it all goes.
    Take care
    Barbara .
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Malc,
    Good luck with the operation. Hopefully it will lessen the pain and retore mobility. Thats what you want and need, Let us know how you get on.

All the best
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Oh best of luck Malc, only natural to be feeling a bit nervous - but focus on the longterm benefits - less pain and more movement. You'll soon be on the road to recovery ...

All the best - looking forward to a left-handed typed update - we'll let you off if you make a few typing errors!!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Well, you got to us just in time! Wishing you a successful operation, that it does all that it says on the tin! Dreamdaisy.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Malc,

I am late but thinking of you and sending good luck to you. Hope it all goes well and you will soon be back telling us how it went. Cris x
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Good luck Malc, I hope your op goes well.

And we don't want to see you on here too soon afterwards - you should REST!

Nx
  • biddybeth
    biddybeth Member Posts: 45
    Options
    Hi Malc, Hope the op went well, 'tho I should think you will at this moment be fast asleep. My shoulders are bad, so let us all know when you feel up to it. Beth
  • speedalong
    Options
    Hi Malc, you are now the best side of the op ... focus on resting and recovery. Let us know how you are when you are able.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello, I hope it all went well. DD
  • malc7747
    malc7747 Member Posts: 73
    Options
    Hi everyone,

What can I say but a big thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and best wishes. :D:D

The operation went fine and apart from feeling like sleeping all the time and my shoulder hurts like h**l even with the meds. Last night lasted forever after the injections wore off and could not get comfy even with 5 pillows. :(

Its going to be strapped up for a while and cannot drive for 3 to 5 weeks. Typing left handed without my right hand is strange. Feel sure in time it will heal just have be patient and not rush things.

Anyway going to close not and have my meds and do my exercises.

Its lovely to know that other people do care, thank you all once again and whilst I am off work I will be visiting the forum.

Best wishes to you all

Malc :D:D:D
    xx
  • speedalong
    Options
    Hi Malc, great you are up to posting again.

Sounds like you have it all in hand (semi-pun intended!) Rest, do the exercises, don't rush things, follow the restrictions ... join our club!!

Keep us updated, hope the sleep and pain levels improve.

Speedy
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Lovely to hear from you! Take care, be sensible, and I hope things heal quickly. DD