Arther and a cold

Options
woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 17. Jun 2010, 04:44 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,
I've not felt so well this week. I think that I have some sort of bug as I feel so tired and my throat is a bit sore, a bit of a cold. The only thing is that this has mad all my joints so much more painful.
Yesterday my fingers felt as if I hammered them everytime I tried to use them, so I went and had a lie down. Everyone says its sensible and I would advise someone else to do this, but I hate doing it myself, as I feel so lazy!

Sorry just another of my ongoing moans!!! :?
Love Sue

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It's not a moan, it's a valid complaint. It is so frustrating how just a little infection can pull one so low and make one feel so wretched. You did the sensible thing - it makes stuff far worse if you struggle on. You were not being lazy, you were being realistic. Sensible woodbon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Thank you. I'm off to have a rest now! Sue
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hey Sue!

you're not moaning at all....like DD says it's sometimes the straw that breaks the camel's back with arther....just take good care of yourself please :wink:

hope you feel better soon.

Iris x
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Sue

You're giving your body a chance to rest and fight your cold whilst you are in bed. It's the best place for you and it may mean you get over it quicker. Arthur will have less chance of taking over too. So you are doing the right thing.

Janie
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Sue,

Sorry your feeling rough and hope the rest has helped a bit? That's what you have to do with an underlying condition rest up, sleep if you can and dose up on anything that can help you. Hope you soon feel better. Luv Cris xx
  • rosyred
    rosyred Member Posts: 150
    Options
    Aww poor you big hugs xx

i know when i get a cold it takes the wind out of me i just feel dreadfull for weeks.. Rest is best and as much as u can :lol:

think ppl who have not got arther dont relise how much pain were all in and when we get a simple cold how much it takes it out of us... just to fight a cold its like war but to them its so easy...

Blah blah blah.. sorry for going on a bit here... :lol:

REST and dont feel bad about it xxxxx
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Hi Sue

Sorry to hear you are not well.. hope that you are back 'on form' soon..

Best wishes

Marion
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi Sue, sorry to learn that you are feeling a bit ill, a cold always makes me feel really down, and always affects my joints, hope you soon feel better love Jaspercatxx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hi Sue, sorry you are feeling rotten, but glad you have been doing the sensible thing and resting up. I know it probably feels like giving in to it but there are times when you just have to and sounds as if this is one of those times! Hopefully you've got a good book or a mag to look at while you're resting, to cheer you up a bit.
    Hope you start to feel better soon.
    Love Tillyxx
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Options
    Hi Sue

Sorry to hear you are on a dip at the moment.

I trust you are still resting? You had better be! :lol:

You would tell all the rest of us to chill out and rest so listen to your own advice ha ha! :lol:

Hope you had a decent wee sleep and feeling a bit or a huge bit better today.

Sending hugs with lots of positive vibes to you (((()))).
    Keep smiling Sue :lol: Carol x
  • noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    Options
    Hi Sue hope you feel better soon at least the sun is shining in Norfolk well it is here I often have a lie down i call it my power napping take care Chrisov