Beards - like 'em or loathe 'em?

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 18. Jun 2010, 05:58 in Community Chit-chat archive
Yes or no, ladies? I myself prefer a clean-shaven gent, but there are a few (very few) who suit facial hair.

As for me, mine's coming on a treat! DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• dippydoodah
    dippydoodah Member Posts: 350
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    ooooh definately a little stubble :wink: very very short though. although clean shaven is nice for a special night or day out.

not a fan of goaties though.... :|
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Again, depends on the man and the shape of his face/chin. My BIL really suits one, looks better with it than without it. DD
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    I'm a clean shaven girl myself :wink:
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    My OH has a goatie, he looks better with it than without, he looks much younger without it.

like DD said it depends on the man.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi DD,

It does so depend on the face...... I worked with a guy who had a beard and he looked good he shaved it off and well he re-grew it as it can hid a few things eh>

Like you mines down to my dollar bones now :lol::lol::lol: xx

Hi Sharon,

A ((((( ))))) and your OH has cool hair as well :D Bubbles and xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    No beards or tache for me. Only ever got close to one with a tache and regret it!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thanks to increasing testosterone levels, alanmancunian, I am! Wondrous moustache too, which, being blonde, I tend not to see until the sun hits at the right angle then - quelle horreur! The car's rear view mirror is also very good for highlighting my Gallagher Brothers eyebrows. If a man suits a beard you don't notice he has one. DD
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    I don't like beards, I love them so much I have worn one for many years. Even looked like ZZ Top for quite a while, but trimmed it down as age and styles changed.

I have naturally worn a 'full set' for years, currently fairly short, just long enough to look neat.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Or is it an aversion to shaving, livinglegend?! DD
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    YUK i hate em. I also think moustaches are horrible. I think they make a person look untrustworthy goaties remind me of the devil
    Joanne
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    depends who is wearing it :wink:

My dad had to stop shaving for a while on doctors orders, and well he never shaved again :lol::lol:

can't imagine him without it now ..... and no-one would recognise him! he bears a likeness to RIcky TOmlinson and has been accused of being him several times by those at the races who have had a few drinks :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

As for my hubby ....... one days' stubble is ok, but more than that and he looks like he is living on the streets :oops: I do so prefer him clean-shaven.

Mine is coming on a treat thanks :oops: :oops: :oops:
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    :D I love my hubby's well trimmed goatee and tash. Never known him without, except one time he shaved it off, and I could not quite place what was different, except that he looked ill! Thank goodness, he re-grew it. :D It is a different colour now, to what it was 37 years ago but that has been gradual :D

I could not care less if other men have, a beard etc, stubble or clean shaven. I can cope, should I need to do so :lol::lol:

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • elnafinn
    Options
    suncatcher wrote:
    YUK i hate em. I also think moustaches are horrible. I think they make a person look untrustworthy goaties remind me of the devil

:lol: I am sure you would not think that, Joanne, if you met my hubby :lol::lol:

:wink: Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    I don't like facial hair, much prefer men clean-shaven and so did my mum..........my brother was away for three months back in my teen years and when he came home he'd grown a beard and moustache.......Mum wouldn't let him back in the house till he shaved it off!

Annie
  • elnafinn
    Options
    I don't like beards, I love them so much I have worn one for many years. Even looked like ZZ Top for quite a while, but trimmed it down as age and styles changed.

I have naturally worn a 'full set' for years, currently fairly short, just long enough to look neat.Joseph 8)

Elna likes this :D:D

• angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    Frank had a beautifully trimmed little beard, and a small tache, and let me tell you, he was sex-on-legs!!.......Ange.
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Yes or no, ladies? I myself prefer a clean-shaven gent, but there are a few (very few) who suit facial hair.

As for me, mine's coming on a treat! DD

Hi - really suits S. I know I'm biased but he is so drop-dead gorgeous!!!
    He started growing facial hair and I used to help him shave at weekends ... as it grew a bit faster and thicker - I guess I got used to seeing him more with a beard than without. One day I helped him shave at the weekend - and realised he actually looked odd!! He looked more himself with it. So I bought him a beard trimmer and he has the "designer stubble" look - he is delighted!!

As for whether I find it a turn on (on someone else of course) ... depends on the guys colouring, how they wear the hair on their head and how long or short and how shaped it is etc ...

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • page35
    Options
    suncatcher wrote:

Maybe thats why i like em :wink: My OH has a green mohawk and loads of tattoos too :lol:
  • page35
    Options
    Not the left one though ah pixy :lol:
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    clean shaven do not like stubble burn not nice at all never had boy friend with beard so do not know what full grown one like lol
    val
  • biddybeth
    biddybeth Member Posts: 45
    Options
    My husband grows one for winter, says it keeps him warm. Shaves it off in the summer. It's like living with two men!!! Beth
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Well biddy, the mind boggles! DD (who unfortunately lives only with the one man). (Though rather fancies the idea of two.) (The current one and one who's taller.) (And younger.) (COR!)
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    If a man suits a beard you don't notice he has one.

Until he kisses you :!: :!: :D:D

Beards look ridiculous on some men, and wonderful on others. Best to kiss one of the wonderful ones :!: :lol:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    :lol::lol::lol::D:lol::lol::lol:

I'm enjoying this thread.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    I'm a clean shaven person. Hubby does not suit even a bit of stuble.

Trisher