Wish Me Luck?

Options
moogiemouse1
moogiemouse1 Member Posts: 28
edited 17. Jun 2010, 18:13 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi

Wondered if you guys could send me some good vibes for tomorrow morning, I am going into the RUH in Bath for my third hip replacement! This is the first time my left hip has been operated on, My head can’t wait to get rid of the horrible painful thing but my heart is scared to death!! You would think I would be an old hand at it as the last op was only last August but that doesn’t seem to be helping my nerves – this wasn’t on my list of things to accomplish by the time I was 44 either!! Lol! Anyway – wish me luck?

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Moogiemouse,

Sending you bucket loads of good luck and a real hope your soon back telling us how it goes. A ((((( ))))) and a shed load of good vibes making its way up to you. Cris x Hey I was in there long ago they ill look after you flower.
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Hi Moogiemouse

Glad to hear from you and, of course, the very very best of luck for tomorrow.. This op should be more straightforward than the last one shouldn't it - given that the last one was presumably a 'revision' ..??

I am almost 6 weeks post-op now and am really feeling the benefit of my new hip - albeit I am worrying about every little ache and twinge - but you will understand that I'm sure!

Do let us know how you get on .. there are several of us on here post-op at the moment and another few people due to have theirs done in the next month or so.. so we will want to hear all about it!!

All the best

Marion
  • zechariah
    zechariah Member Posts: 222
    Options
    Good luck, will be thinking of you!
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hi Moogiemouse - lots of good vibes coming your way! I too will be thinking of you tomorrow for your op. Three hip replacements by the age of 44 is quite an achievement but, as you say, not quite what you had planned! Really, really good luck!
    Love Tilly xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Very best wishes for tomorrow: focus on the difference it will make. I hope it all goes smoothly and you are back with us as soon as possible. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • moogiemouse1
    moogiemouse1 Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks for your good vibes everybody – it means a lot! I definitely know it’s for the best and will be well worth going through, my review last year was a bit more complicated because of the bone graphs so in a way this should be more straight forward. I have a great surgeon as well and I know I can do the recovery bit so hopefully it will all be good news…Reading other people’s posts on here has taught me that I am very lucky that my arthritis and resulting pain can (literally) be removed by this operation, I am lucky in that respect. If I could just explain all the above to my stomach so that it would stop tying itself in a big knot then that would be great!!

Thanks again all and I will let you know how it goes!
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Of course you're unsettled by it, it's a big thing. Once they get the pre-med in you , well . . .you . .float . .aw . . .aaaay . . .o . . . .n . . . .a. . . .fluff . . . .y. . . . .. . . . . . . . . .

I love pre-med. Make sure you get some. DD
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,956
    Options
    Hi Moogiemouse.
    good luck for tomorrow.
    i hope you will let us know how you get on.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Moogiemouse,

this one should be more straightforward than the last one which must have been a revision (unless you have 3 legs?!) and this time next month you will be SO glad you went through with it as you will be able to do so much more than you can right now and be in very little pain ... focus on that.

Although having been through the op before you are not in blissful ignorance of what to expect in the first few days post op, you do have the advantage of knowing you can cope and how do manage. You are a pro!!

Can't wait to hear about your progress - let us know when you are out of hospital and we will cheer you on through your rehab all the way!!

I'm 5 weeks post op ... and now have 2 bionic hips ...!! (not done together!!)

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Good luck.
    Its never easy having an operation- only after the event can you feel relieved and unstressed. I had a THR last July and am avoiding having another as long as I can even though everything went brilliantly with the op and I had a lovely stay in hospital with lovely people. I hope you will soon be enjoying a pain-free life.

Regards
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Good luck for tomorrow Moogiemouse, sending you 'be brave' and positive vibes.

t2021.gif

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Options
    Hi Moogiemoose

Wishing you all the best for the op.

Think positive and keep us updated.

Thinking of you today.

Keep smiling :lol:
    Carol x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Strictly speaking it's the afternoon now. Hope it's all done and dusted and that you are in recovery. DD
  • efleure
    efleure Member Posts: 139
    Options
    Best of luck and hope it all went really well....x