What a waste of time

Options
queenfan
queenfan Member Posts: 563
edited 17. Jun 2010, 07:01 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well I have been to my ESA medical, what a waste of time.
I have got myself that worked up about going there.

The doctor was foreign, but she seemed pleasant enough.
It turned out that she she had no evidence about any of my medical history :x All that she had wrote down in front of her was two things spondylitis of the neck, & depression, just what was wrote on my sick note for work.
when I went through my medical history she was shocked then said I will write all this down but they wont believe me without evidence , she said they will probably write back to me wanting more evidence, so I will probably have to go for a second interview, I didn't have to bend or anything like that she just asked me if i could make a fist & how high I could raise my arms.
So it looks like I have got to go all through this again :roll:
My hubby is so mad :x :x
what I do I do now
I cant tell you how I feel I don't know myself :oops:
Sue xx

Comments

• ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Sue, Sorry you have had a rough day. I know from the posts on here that the system is one had slog.

Cannot give you any advice on ESA but wanted to send you some good vibes.

Sorry not much help,

Lv, Ix
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi, this is so typical of all the other posts I've read on ESA - system stinks and the process takes no account of the fact that it is dealing with actual people!! I am sorry you will probably end up having to go again.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Sue
    I am so sorry for the day you have had,that is all you need on top of everything,I hope it all gets sorted very soon for you.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Well-meaning but ineffectual people running a well-meaning but inneffectual service. They fail to understand that these things matter to the people using the service. Surely, in the 21st century, it cannot be beyond the whit of man to ensure that all your notes follow you wherever you go, to inform whatever service you are using. Words fail me. The frustration must be huge. I wish I had more to offer but . . . . DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • queenfan
    Options
    Thank you I am so disheartened, How can people treat you like this, Sorry it seems to have sunk in now so I am feeling mad about it,You travel miles from home to be told "well there's nothing I can do all I can do is read what is front of me"
    So all that paper work that I filled out she didn't see, just what was wrote on me doctors note for work :roll:
    sorry rant over.
    thank you all for listening to me going on :roll:
    Take care Sue x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    It's beaurocracy at its worst. They have to trim the system and learn how to use the procedures that surely must be in place. Don't give up tho, queenfan. Take time out, re-group and tackle the b******s head on. DD
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Dear Sue

What a complete shambles!

Words fail me ..

Marion

• Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI Sue,

so sorry that you ahve had all this to deal with and still it is not sorted.

I hope they find their paperwork soon and sort this out for you.

Hugs
    WOnky xxxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Sue,

I am so sorry you had such a waste of time today and hope they will hurry up and sort out people who do understand at least the rudiments of illness..... I wish I knew how to help.

Leaving you a ((((( ))))) and so many hopes that it soon sorts out for you. Love Cris xx
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi

Before calling you in for an appointment you would think they would've had the foresight to request all this information beforehand.

How frustrating for you.

Sharmaine

queenfan wrote:
    Well I have been to my ESA medical, what a waste of time.
    I have got myself that worked up about going there.

The doctor was foreign, but she seemed pleasant enough.
    It turned out that she she had no evidence about any of my medical history :x All that she had wrote down in front of her was two things spondylitis of the neck, & depression, just what was wrote on my sick note for work.
    when I went through my medical history she was shocked then said I will write all this down but they wont believe me without evidence , she said they will probably write back to me wanting more evidence, so I will probably have to go for a second interview, I didn't have to bend or anything like that she just asked me if i could make a fist & how high I could raise my arms.
    So it looks like I have got to go all through this again :roll:
    My hubby is so mad :x :x
    what I do I do now
    I cant tell you how I feel I don't know myself :oops:
    Sue xx
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Options
    Hi Sue

I am so sorry to hear of your bad experience.

You must feel so disheartened and frustrated.

I am applying for ESA just - to date have only telephoned and sent back forms with corrections on it. Having read your experience I think I will ask my GP for my notes and a letter confirming my illness etc and take that with me to see if that helps.

Keep fighting and don't let the b * s *rds grind you down.

Much positivity, Carol x
  • queenfan
    Options
    Yes carol if I had known before hand I would have seen my doctor & got all my notes,
    I feel glad that I have brought it to your attention & every one else's,
    Carol get all the info you can then then hit the b*****s where it hurts, there is a few things that I was a where of that I didn't know until yesterday so be aware
    take care Sue xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Illigitamae nil carborundum has always served me well as a motto: don't let the b******s grind you down. Always assume that people cannot do their jobs and that you have to do it for them. That works too! Keep your own, meticulous records, and take the file with you wherever you go. DD
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Options
    queenfan wrote:
    Yes carol if I had known before hand I would have seen my doctor & got all my notes,
    I feel glad that I have brought it to your attention & every one else's,
    Carol get all the info you can then then hit the b*****s where it hurts, there is a few things that I was a where of that I didn't know until yesterday so be aware
    take care Sue xx

Many thanks for the tips Sue.

And lots of luck with chasing this xx