what a day!!!

Options
Wonkylegs
Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
edited 17. Jun 2010, 08:33 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well ..... only 30 mins left of today and am I glad about that :roll:

This morning I overslept and was only woken up by the phone .... though did manage to get to my appointment at the surgery.

Mid-afternoon I decided to whisk the ice-cream I was making only to manage to knock the switch with my bad thumb and send ice-cream mixture all over the dog, myself and the entire contents of the kitchen :shock: :lol::lol::lol:

THis evening we were going out to an 'open house' fundraiser ...... before we left hubby walked the dog whilst I 'popped' round to a friend's to collect something. I got held up by the railway level crossing :roll: every traffic light :roll: :roll: and then my friend needed a chat :roll: :roll: :roll: so I was very late back. Hubby had been sitting outside waiting for me, but had gone back indoors to ring my friend, inadvertently exciting the dog into thinking we were back.Dog refused to go back into the kitchen :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Cue copious bribery of dog :lol::lol::lol: & we arrive at friends as most people are just leaving :oops: :oops:

We arrive & I spot a friend who urgently needs a chat so sit down without realising just how low the seat is :shock: of course when I need to stand up ....... hubby is needed as a crane :oops: :oops: :roll: now my hand, wrist and elbow are complaining about their misuse.

Hubby makes us a cuppa when we get in & sits down with his drink and a biscuit ..... dog sees biscuit and jumps up with no mind for the hot tea or hubby sitting there :shock: :shock: :shock: hot tea over hubby, dog, sofa, floor .... in fact tea is everywhere but in his mouth :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: dog scarpers into her bed and won't go near hubby :roll:

Finally hubby decides that he best go to bed .... only for the door of his wardrobe to fall off as he opens it :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :roll: :roll:

OH look ... only 20 mins left of today :D:D:D:D:D

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Wow Wonky - what a day you had!! That would take some beating!! Whatever sort of day you have tomorrow - it couldn't be any worse!!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • Wonkylegs
    Options
    OH has a nice little DIY project tomorrow - repairing the wardrobe door :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Oh do please excuse me ...... must just pick myself up off the floor ...... there, that's better :wink: my hubby is dangerous around DIY (known with him as 'destroy it yourself' :wink: ) so it will be me with him as unwilling assistant :roll:
    I hope tomorrow is a much calmer day Wonky!!!

me too ! Many thanks :wink:
    Wonky

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! it's tomorrow today now :wink:
  • Wonkylegs
    Options
    speedalong wrote:
    Wow Wonky - what a day you had!! That would take some beating!! Whatever sort of day you have tomorrow - it couldn't be any worse!!

Speedy

I do hope you are right!!!
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Wonky,

Well I hope Little Legs likes ice cream? He would have been there in a shot!

The day is over and I wont tempt fate fr you but leaving you a ((((( ))))) and slurps Cris xx
  • mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    Options
    Hi Wonky, sorry to hear you had such a bad day yesterday, but here we are, a brand shiny new day, lets hope it is much better for you, sending you lots of luck and hugs to get you started, love Brenda ((((((((((())))))))))) g33021.gif Hope she brings you better luck today xx
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    If I wear this hard outer shell do you think it will stop arthur biting when we are not looking??

g02053.gif

Trish xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I am so sorry that yesterday went so wrong, but you did make me laugh! I hope you are all much more settled today, and are indeed a tea and ice-cream free zone. (Today could be a coffee and cake mixture day tho - there's still time!) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Wonkylegs
    Options
    thanks everyone :wink:

glad we could all laugh about it :lol::lol::lol: on other days I might have wanted to cry :roll:

now what shall I do this afternoon? :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • dippydoodah
    dippydoodah Member Posts: 350
    Options
    sounds like a very tiring day! i have to be very honest, there were parts of your story that made me giggle... must be the way you tell it!

i hope today has been much more relaxed and calmer! 8)

caroline x