edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Quick reply. No idea. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • rosebud
    rosebud Member Posts: 52
    Options
    It would depend if you have care needs or mobility issues. Best to ask your council's welfare benefit officer or CAB for advice!
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    tjc123 wrote:
    Just a quick ?

can you make a claim for dla for this ?

If your condition means that you need certain levels of care from another person, for a significant amount of time, ie day and night, then you can make a claim. Make sure you have Drs evidence to support your claim and any other medical conditions. The DLA might well ask you to see one of their own Drs as well, they can come to your home to see you, if travelling is a problem.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi TJC,

Not sen you about of late so how are you dong?

I don't think its an auto claim condition (I think there are a few of those still) but you certainly can use it for a claim if its effecting your mobility and stuff (I can't remember the word but it begins with a C! :lol::lol: Oh fog eh?!)

I was not told I have fibro as well as the rest but they way I wasn't told means I have.... I said I didn't want it named at the time! 7 conditions is just too many :wink: I have been advised though by a good friend it would help with a dla claim were I to have it named as well so its different something that will help with the claim.

Bit long winded eh?! You take care ad a ((( ))) Cris x
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    HI, I have Fibro & OA but i was dx with fibro after my claim.
    My friend claims Dla with Fibro too.
    Its not really the names of the conditions so much that there interested in it how it affects your daily life. If you struggle with mobility issues & have care needs then yes you can claim.
    Best advice i can give you is get help from welfare officer or CAB as they are the experts on filling in these forms & you stand more of a chance with there help. It very hard to claim these days. Send in as much evidence you can on your condition.
    Good luck with your claim.
    debs