Got extra hours!

Options
jenzie06
jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
edited 17. Jun 2010, 14:08 in Community Chit-chat archive
Had a review of my care package from the council on Monday and they've increased my hours. Hurrah!

I employ my mum on the direct payments scheme to be a 'parent enabler' i.e help me look after Harry (who is sat in his swinging seat grinning his head off with wind as I type this). Her help's been vital over the past few weeks and now my RA is back it's brilliant she can be here to help me and Harry.

Initially gave me 9hrs a week before Harry was born but now they've approved 15hrs a week with 2hrs to store up for really bad times. My social worker is absolutely brilliant and will fight my corner for me. Totally new experience to have someone in my corner!!

Really recommend this scheme - I hope it doesn't get too badly affected by cuts! Otherwise I'm screwed!!

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    this such good news and so glad you get it i know your mum would help all she could with out money but you feel less as if you are putting on her if she is paid. i hope it does not get affected enjoy val
    val
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Wow that is good. They usually cut everybodies hours round here.And Im glad its mum and not a unreliable carer you have got too.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Wow Jenzie, I never think of social services and good news going together in the same sentence!! Wish S had the same social worker!!
    Congratulations.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Jenzi

Well done. What a great help that will be for you. Good luck, hope you keep it.

Trish xx